Friday, August 22, 2014

Attack at the Arena by Marianne Hering and Paul McCusker



Attack at the Arena (AIO Imagination Station Books Book 2)

My Thoughts:

To see my thoughts on the first book, and some initial thoughts about the series, in general, click HERE.

Attack at the Arena is the 2nd book in the Imagination Station series. In this adventure, cousins Patrick and Beth travel to 5th century Rome in search of a monk's cup. Admittedly, I'm curious who Albert is. The writers have done a great job making a child/adult want to get from one book straight into another! There's little mysteries scattered about, like who Albert is and the ring.

While in Rome, Patrick and Beth meet a monk and Emperor Honorius. We learn a bit more about the world of arena fighting back then. As I mentioned in my post about Voyage of the Vikings, everything is really just touched on, as opposed to great detail. It leaves the parent(or child) open to add as much or as little detail for deeper studying. I've been doing a bit of history reading myself, trying to get people/places/events in the proper place in my brain. These stories have grabbed my interest, and I'm excited to do more studying, not only for myself, but for Grasshopper.

I'll mention briefly that there was one part I didn't care for. The monk informs Patrick that God told him where a certain person would be.

Overall, I've had fun within these stories, and I decided to go ahead and start reading Voyage with the Vikings with Grasshopper from my kindle(as opposed to locating a paper copy later). So far, so good! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bluerose, I just wanted to come by and let you know I've awarded you the Liebster Award. Please come by my blog so you'll see the questions. Thanks
    Also, please let me know if you do the questions so I can come see them.

    ReplyDelete