Sunday, July 13, 2014

NIV Read Easy Bible



Description:

This black Italian Duo-Tone™ NIV ReadEasy Bible brings readability and portability together in one neat, sophisticated package. Whether at church, in the coffee shop, or trekking around the globe, this handy-sized Bible is the perfect companion. Its convenient size makes it easy to keep the timeless truth of God's Word at hand in any situation.

Features:

Attractive Italian Duo-Tone™ cover
Portable, readable edition
Presentation page—ideal for gift giving
Words of Christ in red
Ribbon marker

Purchase Link:

NIV ReadEasy Bible

My Thoughts:

As I've mentioned over and over, and I'll say it again, when it comes to my full time Bible, I can't imagine ever being swayed from the NKJV Study Bible!

With this Bible, I had a bit of a misunderstanding. I thought it was going to be smaller, and a version of the Bible I could easy carry around in my purse(more often diaper bag). I pretty much always bring my kindle with me when I leave my house, and it has a few different versions of the Bible on there. I prefer reading a "real" paper copy when doing my Bible reading, though. I'd also like to have a Bible that's small enough to carry with my everywhere, so that I can highlight verses and use for teaching other ladies when the opportunity presents itself. I've missed opportunities in the past, and I regret it! It IS smaller than the average Bible, but not so small that it will easily fit in my already packed bag.

On the bright side, the print in this version is large, which is always a bonus for me! It's a "no frills" version, with very few extras. There's basic footnotes. It's lays flat when open. The cover is super soft!

Since I couldn't help but be grateful for all the "bright sides" of this Bible, I gave it a permanent spot on my kitchen counter to make good use of it. It's always open, so I can grab a "bite" of God's Word as I'm cooking or doing dishes/laundry. This most often means reading from Psalms or Proverbs, which is a great thing! The large print is perfect for this use!

Overall, though not my favorite version, I like this particular Bible.


*I was provided a review copy of this Bible in exchange for my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer the NIV, and always willing to hear of other Bibles.
    Thank you for doing a review on this particular NIV.

    ReplyDelete