Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Some Bookish Randomness

I've pushed several reviews through lately! :P They really needed to have already been done, so while I have moments of time, I'm trying to be computer productive.

If you missed the ones I posted today, here they are:

Resistance by Jaye L. Knight(action packed)

Treasuring Christ When Your Hands are Full by Gloria Furman(HIGHLY recommended read for mommies!)

Smart Money Smart Kids by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze(one I'll probably turn to more in the next couple of years)

***********

Reading to Know - Book Club





On another note, May was "my" month at the Reading to Know Classics Bookclub. My pick was The Wolves of Willoughby Chase. If you'd like to read my thoughts, it's posted HERE. (I'm about to play some catch up and make my rounds. :))



June's read is King Solomon's Mines by H.R. Haggard. I'm super excited about this one, y'all!

***********

I'm almost done with review books! I have no intentions of accepting anymore, as far as fiction and non-fiction for me goes. I'll wing it as far as the boys go.

(I'm not including netgalley and edelweiss in that, because I love them, and I simply don't feel the pressure through those review sites. They're fun, and that's what reading should be! I have lots of reads I'm excited to finally get to through them, though!! (Stray, Snow Like Ashes, The Castle Behind Thorns, The Jewel, Elvis and the Underdogs: Secrets, Secret Service, and Room Service, and The Secrets of Lily Graves, just to name a few)

***********

If you haven't signed up for the Tyndale Reading Program yet, check out their book line up this year. (NOT a referral link or anything!) For every 5 books you read and review, you get a free one. I'm hoping to get Rhinestone Jesus: Saying Yes to God When Sparkly, Safe Faith Is No Longer Enough by Welch and Surprised by Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected about Being a Mom by Baker.

***********

Anything new in the book world for y'all?

1 comment: