Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Smart Money, Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze



Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze

Lampo Press (April 22, 2014) 256 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

I'm pretty new to the world of Dave Ramsey. (I borrowed one of his books from the library, but didn't find as much time as I'd hoped to read the whole thing.) If you've read all of his other books, I honestly don't know how much of this one is "repeat".

Throughout the book, we get to hear Dave and Rachel's opinions/stories concerning different topics. It was nice to see the method in action through Rachel's flashbacks. (It's always made clear who is talking, so there was no confusion with the swapping.)

As you would expect from the title, this book is geared towards teaching parents how to teach their children how to handle money wisely. My little ones are 5(though delayed), 3, and 1. Most of this book doesn't apply to them just yet. That said, there is a bit of information that DOES apply to them right now, and I appreciated a new look at how to handle money with them. For example, we were debating the whole "allowance" thing to help our children learn to handle money. I appreciated Ramsey's/Cruze's advice on that subject. We now have more of a plan in place.

Most of the book applies to older children, though, and I fully expect to refer back to it as my children grow, in age and abilities.

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment