Tuesday, April 15, 2014

101 Bible Stories from Creation to Revelation(Illustrations by Dan Andreasen)



101 Bible Stories from Creation to Revelation(Illustrated by Dan Andreasen)

Zonderkidz (February 4, 2014) 224 pages

My Thoughts:

I can't seem to resist children's "Bible summary" books. If for nothing else, the pictures/visuals are usually priceless, in my book. My momma and I teach the 2 and 3 year old Sunday morning Bible class at our church, and I enjoy looking through our books for visuals for the little ones. Their attention spans are mostly very small, too, so we appreciate a good, sound, age appropriate summary of some of the Bible events we cover.

I like this book!

First of all, the pictures are lovely! They're not quite realistic, but they definitely sway on the more realistic side. I seriously love the pictures within this book!

I like the summaries, for the most part, too. Some of them are *very* summarized, and they seem to be created for beginning readers(to read to themselves), but I like them for toddlers.(I'm sure this book is great for "learning to read", but I don't have a beginning reader yet.) I like that each summary tells you exactly what passages in the Bible it has summarized. (There was a typo on one of the Bible verses, as in it didn't exist...Genesis 2:26-27. Not a huge deal for me, but I'll throw that out there, just in case you end up using that in a Bible "presentation" of any sort from the book.) ;)

Overall, this is a beautiful book for little ones!

*Thanks to Zondervan for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

1 comment: