Saturday, March 29, 2014

Weekly Randomness(5)

In the book world:

I've waited 2 1/2 YEARS for this book! I read and loved A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander in 2011. Since, I've kept a check on when the next Belmont Mansion novel would arrive in the world. It is FINALLY time, y'all! :D **A Beauty So Rare** I was one happy reader when this lovely book was welcomed into my hands!



Want to see the trailer?

Here's the YouTube link to watch it. *I* even watched it!!!! ;)

Or read an excerpt?

A Beauty So Rare by Bethany House Publishers




In the personal world:

You may(or may not) have noticed I've got behind with posting. There's been a ridiculous amount of appointments, both in town and out of town, for us the past few weeks. What time I've had at home, I just haven't had the motivation to blog, to be honest. (I mentioned about a month ago about the face pain I was having, so most of it was in relation to that.) I had an MRI done, and I'm grateful to God that all was well with that! (If you're like me, having one of those done will let your mind go crazy with "what ifs".) My poor head has also had an x-ray and a cat scan. I'm scheduled to have all 4 wisdom teeth removed in a few weeks, but I was informed due to various issues and difficulties concerning my teeth that I'll likely have a numb face for a few months after surgery. :O (prayers, please?) I may also end up losing my back tooth due to difficulties from the wisdom tooth beside it. (more prayers, please?) A cyst has formed beside one of them, so they'll be doing a biopsy on that, too. (and yet more prayers?) ;) Thankfully, the issues aren't my fault, and there's nothing I could have done to prevent any of it, other than if I'd had them removed earlier. My dental surgeon said I have nice teeth, so that's always nice to hear when you're getting lots of bad news. ;)
In the eye world, my doctor told me my astigmatism gets worse every year he sees me, and my corneas looked so bad, he prescribed eye drops. That's just covering half of my appointments, and not even counting all the ones for my little ones and Jonathan(who is also having dental surgery in a few weeks). I feel like I'm falling apart in my old age! ;)

On the bright side of life, because I'm so very blessed!

-I'm so grateful Jonathan is very much an "involved" daddy! :) Plus, he's cooked and cleaned more the past few weeks to fill in my gaps.

-Potty training success!!!!! :D This has been a LONG and DIFFICULT journey with our little Grasshopper, and we're beyond thrilled about this. Firefly is still doing well, but he's still got a little ways to go.



-One of the things I will miss about having little ones is those toddling days. My little Bumblebee is toddling around everywhere now, and I just can't look at him walking without smiling. Precious times!



-Minus the past two nights, Bumblebee has also been sleeping through the night the past few weeks. My word, y'all, I can't even tell you what a blessing this has been! He went from sleeping like a newborn(up every few hours) to sleeping 9 or so hours at a time. :D

-My mother-in-law took all three boys for an overnight visit, and I had the house ALL to myself!! I didn't know what to do. I started The Little White Horse, but it's having a hard time keeping my attention so far. Juju had me excited to read Austenland, but it had a hold list at my library. So! I ended up watching the 3 episodes of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland that I had DVRed, but had yet to watch. Peaceful times, it was!

As far as what's coming up next week, I'm still winging it. :P

Death by the Book (A Drew Farthering Mystery Book #2) by Julianna Deering is definitely planned, though.

What do I hope to read?

Well, this is my review stack, so I'll probably just be picking from it.



Miss Brenda and the Loveladies: A Heartwarming True Story of Grace, God, and Gumption is LONG overdue, so it's my top priority!

I want to finish The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge this weekend, too, hopefully.

The Last Wild by Piers Torday
A Captain for Laura Rose by Stephanie Grace Whitson
She Shall Be Praised by Ginny Aiken
A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander
Canyon of Danger by Susan Marlow
River of Peril by Susan Marlow
Parenting the Wholehearted Child: Captivating Your Child's Heart with God's Extravagant Grace by Jeannie Cunnion


On my kindle, I have these books for review, so I'll be picking from them, too.

Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter
To Die Once by Miranda Uyeh
Love's Promises by Sandra Leesmith
The Lens and the Looker (The Verona Trilogy) by Lory Kaufman (along with the next two books in the series, The Bronze and the Brimstone and The Loved and the Lost)

Obviously, I won't come close to reading all that this week, but that's mostly my line-up. :)

How's your week been? Any fun plans?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It's your teeth. What a relief huh? Wow. I think I just breathed a sigh of relief for you. I was holding my breath when I saw this post.

    Yay for potty training success and a helpful hubs!!

    Nice stack of books!

    BOOOO for the Austenland hold. Have you watched the movie yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still in the "we're not sure what's wrong, but we hope it's your wisdom teeth". My neurologist told me not to get my hopes up that having them removed would solve my problem, but I DO have my hopes up! ;)

      I haven't watched the movie yet. I keep telling myself I want to read the book first. :S

      Delete
  2. Totally adding Lasting Impression to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it! It's still on my favorites shelf! ;)

      Delete