Saturday, March 1, 2014

Weekly Randomness

My goal has been to get 2 weeks ahead, both in blogging/reviewing/reading and real life(as much as life allows, anyway). God is really working on me in the procrastination department, but I still have a long ways to go. This weekend will be filled with reading that needs to be done by next week. :S Of course, I'm excited about all of them, so I don't mind a little reading marathon this weekend, but I DO hope and pray I get ahead at some point, though!

My little Bumblebee turns 1 on Wednesday. We'll have a little family celebration that day, but his "big" party will be Saturday. I plan on spending a bit of extra time cleaning and putting cake(for Saturday) and cupcakes(for Wednesday) in the freezer. I'd never thought of doing this until Annette mentioned it at This Simple Home. It's a brilliant idea, though, so from now on, I don't plan on waiting until the day before to cook those cakes! I'm also thinking hard about using her cool whip/pudding frosting this go around. (I've always used the Wilton butter cream frosting.)

My precious uncle and aunt gave us some cabinets, and it just makes me so happy. :D We're having to replace our cabinets(along with pretty much everything in our kitchen) due to a series of 4(!!!) water leaks, 2 of them major. My momma asked me if I felt the Lord was telling us we need to move. It's been crazy!!
The cabinets need some work(sanding, mostly), but they have huge potential to be beautiful! Plus, it saves us a great deal of money, which is always a good thing!

I've decided that as much as possible I want to start posting about some of the children's books we're enjoying on Thursdays. I picked Thursdays, because focusing on a single day of the week will hopefully keep me more motivated. (I want to remember these special reading times!!!) Plus, I've always enjoyed the meme Read Aloud Thursday at Hope is the Word. This will be a perfect way to get myself back in the mix over there. I need some new recommendations, since Grasshopper can be challenged more and more! Some weeks will be review books and some weeks won't. Of course, I'll only link up at Read Aloud Thursday with NON-review books. This week happens to be a review book.

This coming week:

Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships by The Duggar Girls(Monday)
Shadow Hand (Tales of Goldstone Wood) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl(Tuesday)
The Paris Connection by Cerella Sechrist(Wednesday)
Pups of the Spirit by Jill Gorey and Nancy Haller(Thursday)

What I hope to read this coming week:

Really, I just plan on finishing the books that are due this week, along with The Beloved Daughter by Alana Terry, which is due next week.

How's your week been? Any special plans/reading to be done in the coming week?

5 comments:

  1. My past week has been crazy with doctor appointments and just trying to stay organized at home. Work is fine but home life is so unpredictable! Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely not alone! I want to be organized so bad, but life just has a way of getting in the way! ;) (Of course, I'm fine with that, though!)

      Delete
  2. Yay Happy Birthday to your baby!
    Congrats on the cabinets.
    Cabinets can be soooo pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes! We'd been searching for our cheapest option, and trying to plan to buy during a 20% off sale, but free is still WAY better! ;)

      Delete
  3. My baby will be one in less than a month! Where does the time go?

    I am SO glad you're jumping back in with RAT! :-)

    ReplyDelete