Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Paris Connection by Cerella Sechrist





Make sure you go to The Paris Connection's Blog Tour landing page to see all the other reviews!



The Paris Connection by Cerella Sechrist

Harlequin Heartwarming (March 1, 2014) 189 pages

My Thoughts:

I'm going to be honest with y'all, and let you know that I didn't finish this book. I'm not exactly the target reader, though. The main character, Emma, is divorced, and her reasons for it go against my Christian beliefs. So, that makes it hard for me to read about a romance that I felt was wrong. :S

That said, I know my beliefs are much different than most people's, and YOU may truly enjoy this book!

I got about a third of the way through, and it was ONLY my personal conflict that made me stop reading. The setting of The Paris Connection IS Paris, and it was a pleasure to read little bits and pieces of life there. And, if you like office romances, this will definitely be your cup of tea! What I read was truly lovely, except(again), for my issues. IF that part doesn't bother you, I recommend you give this one a try! Plus, look at that cover! It just makes me more ready for spring weather to fully arrive! ;)

I highly encourage you to check out some of the other reviews!!!

*Thanks to Harlequin and Netgalley and Amber @Seasons of Humility for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!

In connection with this tour, there are TWO giveaways going on, so make sure you enter those!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


a Rafflecopter giveaway


7 comments:

  1. I totally understand not reading a book because of your beliefs. :) It hurts my stomach and heart to see marriages fall apart. It didn't bother me to read it since the divorce was in the past. I want to read and review the book that goes before this one and her other Hershey Pennsylvania book. Maybe those ones will be more for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found LFY in Hershey to be an absolutely charming read, and Gentle Persuasion might indeed be more up your alley, Bluerose!

      Hope you enjoy Cerella's earlier releases, Kathryn! :)

      ~Amber

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your participation in the tour, Bluerose, and your willingness to spotlight the book and point out the things that others might enjoy about it. :) Thank you!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't love this one, Tammy though I know the feeling - I've read more than my share of books that just weren't "for me" and yet "everyone" else seemed to like it. That's why there are SO many genres out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think it's wonderful that there is *something* for everyone in the book world! (There's no excuse for not reading, I say!) ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for such an honest and balanced review! I really appreciate you sharing exactly what you didn't enjoy to help readers make an informed decision on whether the story is for them. Amber and Kathryn are right - you may appreciate my previous stories more, especially Love Finds You in Hershey which falls in the Christian romance category. Thanks for giving The Paris Connection a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, Amber, and Cerella,

    I have LFY in Hershey waiting patiently on my shelf, and I am REALLY excited to get to it!! :)

    ReplyDelete