Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One Lost Sheep by Rhonda Gowler Greene, Illustrated by Margaret Spengler



One Lost Sheep by Rhonda Gowler Greene, illustrated by Margaret Spengler

Zonderkidz (March 25, 2014) 32 pages

My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Thoughts:

(From what I can tell this book is being reprinted with different artwork.)

Firefly(almost 3) completely fell in love with this book! When it first arrived, I read it to him 3 times in a row before I had to cut him off. ;) The illustrations are precious, and we all loved the rhyming flow of the words.

The story is based on the parable in Luke 15: 3-4.

"Now shepherd counts
just ninety-nine.
One lost sheep,
he must find!

Step,
Step,
Step,
up mountains, steep.
Where, oh where, is that lost sheep?"

I think I can officially proclaim this as one of our favorites!

*Thanks to BookLookBloggers for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!

4 comments:

  1. I love finding great children's books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo cutie. I want it. So adorbs. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know a book is good when you have to cut the kids off before reading it for the fifth time straight through... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that parable so I think my kids and I would love this book too!

    ReplyDelete