Monday, March 10, 2014

Interview With Author Lyn Cote (With FREEBIE offer!!!)

I'm so excited that today I have the opportunity to feature Mrs. Lyn Cote here at my blog! She has also interviewed me at her blog, Strong Women, Brave Stories, so make sure you check that out, too! ;)



1. Of the books that you've written, do you have a favorite?

Since my books are my "babies," that's hard to answer. I will say that my Women of Ivy Manor (2005-2006) series was the one I had the most fun writing. That book contract was a gift from God. A publisher approached my agent and asked me to write the series I had always wanted to write. (They didn't know that but God did--a lovely gift to me.)



2. How much "real life" do you put into your stories?(events/personalities of yourself or those around you).

A writer is like a constant video and audio recorder. Everything goes in but comes out uniquely my style and voice. I always warn my friends--anything you say or do may appear in a book, but I'll change your name!

3. What authors/books have influenced your writing?

Georgette Heyer who died in 1977 was an enormous influence on me. In my mind she was the successor to Jane Austen. She created the Regency Romance and wrote so many wonderful ones, such as The Grand Sophy, Arabella, Frederica.

4. What are you working on at the moment?

I'm writing a series titled, "Quaker Brides." It takes one Quaker family through the chaotic times from the beginning of the Underground Railroad through the end of the Civil War.

5. Just for fun, what are some of you favorites?

Hobby? Knitting
Food? Anything fruit-flavored
Color? pastels
Musical Artist? George Winston
Season? All of them! (Even this dreadfully cold winter!"




Here's a little note from Mrs. Lyn:

My blog is titled, "Strong Women, Brave Stories" and every Monday a guest author shares about some strong woman in their family or a period when they had to be strong. I love how candid the authors are and how readers respond.

If any of your readers drop by my website and subscribe to my enewsletter, they will receive a PDF copy of Old Family Recipes, 15 Love Inspired Historical authors shares recipes and family stories. And I'm about to start a serial story via my newsletter. More about that in an upcoming issue!

-Lyn Cote

**************

Thank you so much, Mrs. Lyn, for being at my blog today!

Readers, I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to reading some books by Mrs. Lyn now! Feel free to leave some comment love for her! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Blue Rose Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great interview. I'm curious about the Women of Ivy Manor now. These look like inspirational stories.

    ReplyDelete