Thursday, February 27, 2014

Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck



Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding Series) by Rachel Hauck

Zondervan (February 4, 2014) 368 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

Princess Ever After is a story about a small town girl being told one day that she's actually a princess. If you're like me, your mind automatically thinks of The Princess Diaries(in my case, the movies, not the books). I just adore those movies, and if the chance arises, I'll gladly spend a rainy day watching them. Really, though, I'm a sucker for princess stories in any form!

Reggie loves old cars and restoring them. She's working to start her own car restoration business when the news of her princess status is made known to her. Though a shock at first, she remembers more and more of her time with her great grandmother, and the news isn't so surprising, after all.

This is now my third book to read by Hauck, and I'll gladly pick up anything she's written! Being a Southern girl myself, I adore the Southern charm she always brings into her stories. Within the 3 that I've read, there's always been a bit of a supernatural element, too. (As *fiction*, I'm fine with this and actually enjoy it.)

The romance takes a long while to show itself in this story. I'm all for a romance coming along slowly, but I do wish that there was more within more of the story. When it does show up, it's very sweet, though! I spent most of the story not really caring for the leading male, but thankfully, he was redeemed in my mind by the end.

As is the case with the life of a princess, the story does turn political at times. To be honest, these parts went right over my head, and I didn't overly care for them. Even if you don't like political topics in your books, I still think you'll enjoy this one just fine.

Overall, I greatly enjoyed myself in another Hauck book. It wasn't my favorite of hers, but still a lovely story!


*Thanks to Litfuse Publicity and Zondervan for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!


PRINCESS EVER AFTER $200 “Princess” Giveaway and Facebook Party with @RachelHauck!

Rachel Hauck is celebrating the release of her latest "swoon"-worthy romance,  Princess Ever After, with a fun $200 "Princess" prize package giveaway and a Facebook "Princess" party on March 6th. Grab your tiaras and RSVP today!



princessever-400-click


 
One winner will receive:


  • A $200 Visa cash card (buy your very own "princess ever after" gown or tanks of gas for your "royal" ride)
  • Princess Ever After, Once Upon a Prince, and The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on March 6th. Winner will be announced at Rachel's "Princess" Facebook Party on March 6th. Connect with Rachel for an evening of "royal" book chat, princess-themed trivia, laughter, prizes, and an exclusive look at the next book in the Royal Wedding series!




So grab your copy of Princess Ever After and join Rachel and friends on the evening of March 6th for a chance to connect and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the book, don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun; RSVP todayTell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 6th!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry it took so long for you to warm to Tanner - I thought he was quite the catch. ;)

    Glad, in the end you liked this one though, Tammy! Me, too - and now I'm eager to nab book three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too!! I'll be happy to grab ANY of Hauck's book now. :)

      Delete
  2. I have politics in books. Thanks for the heads up and note that it breezes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seemed to go by quickly, but I did skim a tiny bit through those parts. :S The rest of the story is lovely enough that I easily overlooked it. :)

      Delete