Monday, January 6, 2014

Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge 2014

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge

This is the 5th year that Carrie at Reading to Know has hosted the L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge, and it will be the 4th year that I've participated(although the first year, I only watched the movies, Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea).

The L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge this year is being ran in connection with the 2014 Reading to Know Classic Book Club. The pick for the book club is The Blue Castle, so that is my reading plans this month. I was able to grab a free PDF copy(which is on my kindle now) from Free-eBooks.net.

I had requested a non-fiction title from Netgalley called The L.M. Montgomery Reader: Volume One: A Life in Print: 1 by Benjamin Lefebvre. I was saving it to read in January for this challenge, and I was really excited about it. I'm hugely disappointed that I can't seem to find it on my computer, and it's already been archived at Netgalley. I almost cried. If I can locate any kind of non-fiction on Montgomery, I'd love to use that as my January biography-type read.

This will only be my 3rd Montgomery read. I loved Anne of Green Gables and added it to my favorites shelf. I wasn't overly fond of The Story Girl, though, so I'm hoping for another favorites add this year! I'm going to be realistic and keep my reading goal with The Blue Castle, but it would be wonderful to get in at least one more Montgomery read.

It's not too late to join in the reading fun!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you are in.

    My favorite book ABOUT Montgomery is The Gift of Wings.

    http://www.readingtoknow.com/2009/09/lucy-maud-montgomery-gift-of-wings.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think you'll enjoy this one. Jane of LH and Pat of SB/Mistress Pat aren't nearly as wordy as Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading your reviews of the books you read for this challenge. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete