Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Top Ten Reads From 2013

It was TOUGH to narrow my list down to only 10! Very tough! There were quite a few books that just *barely* missed getting on here. I read some great books in 2013!

Here we go, though. I did pick one book as #1, but the others are in no order whatsoever.

***********************



Glass Girl by Laura Anderson Kurk

I never wrote a "review" for this book, unfortunately. Every time I tried to get my thoughts out, I couldn't capture JUST how much I adored it. It's one that you'll need tissues to read, and one that keeps you thinking long after closing the last page. Despite being a YA book, there was just so much for adults to think on, too. It would truly make an amazing book club read. I HIGHLY recommend it, though!! It's a *beautiful* story.

************************




The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple Mysteries) by Agatha Christie

(My Review)

I'm so excited I finally gave this book a try. It was a perfect mystery for me, meaning it gave my brain a workout, without nightmares.

************************



Roses Have Thorns: A Novel of Elizabeth I (Ladies in Waiting) by Sandra Byrd

(My Review)

It's with Sandra's books that I learned just how fascinating I find the Tudor period. I'm beyond grateful that she's provided me a way to read during that time period AND keep it clean. That's no easy task! Roses Have Thorns was my favorite of the series. I loved Sandra's unique take on Queen Elizabeth I.

*****************************



Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson

(My Review)

My Word, this was one beautiful, romantic story!

**************************



Ever After: Life Lessons Learned in My Castle of Chaos by Vicki Courtney

(My Review)

I fell in love with Vicki's writing, and I can't wait to read more!

***************************



Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl

(My Review)

Complete corniness, and I loved every minute of it.

******************************



The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy

(My Review)

This was a fun, silly escape, with lots of fairy tale twists. As much as I loved this book, I'm ashamed that I haven't already picked up the next one, which is waiting so very patiently for me.

*****************************



The Real Boy by Anne Ursu

(My Review)

I STILL think about this book, and tears come to my eyes every time. It's a pretty special book to me now!

****************************



Dragonwitch (Tales of Goldstone Wood Book #5) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

(My Review)

What more can I say about Anne Elisabeth's writing?! I adore it!(And, all of the Tales of Goldstone Wood kindle books are on sale for 1.99 and under!)

***************************



How to Catch a Bogle (City of Orphans) by Catherine Jinks

(My Review)

My #1 read of the year, y'all! As I put in my super quick summary: A big dose of Ghostbusters + little dose of Sherlock Holmes + 1870s London, England = one of my favorite books of the year! I'm still upset that I have to wait so long for the next book, though. ;)

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I still haven't read Blackmoore. Shame on me.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful story! Happy New Year to you, too! (a day late) :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Blackmoore too! Now you got me real curious about The Glass Girl and The Real Boy. Will look them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both heartbreaking in different ways.

      Delete
  3. I didn't even bother narrowing mine down to ten, Tammy. ;)

    Enjoyed Blackmoore; it was sweet.

    ReplyDelete