Monday, December 30, 2013

Mistaken by Karen Barnett



Mistaken: First Impressions Are Never What They Seem by Karen Barnett

Abingdon Press (July 2, 2013) 352 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

Laurie works, and then comes home to take care of her drunken father. Her brother has got himself tangled with the wrong crowd, and now two new men have entered her life. She's tired of being let down by the men in her life, and she's confused about the possibility of love.

Mistaken takes place in 1920s Port Angeles, Washington and revolves around Prohibition. I enjoyed getting lost in this time period. Although I love reading historical fiction, this isn't a time period I travel to very often.

The characters, especially Laurie, won me over quickly. I enjoyed watching them grow. As the title says, first impressions are never what they seem, and that's a big lesson for everyone to learn.

I greatly enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to see what Barnett writes next!

*Thank you to Amazon Vine and Abingdon Press for providing me with a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

6 comments:

  1. I love historical fiction, and the 1920s time period is pretty unique. This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get to read many set in that time period, but I seem to enjoy the few I have.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed Mistaken. Thanks for posting a review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I can't wait to read more from you! :)

      Delete
  3. I just sent myself the sample of this. I can't wait to try it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete