Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Max's Little Brother by Eric James



My Thoughts:

Today's post is a bit different. Max's Little Brother hasn't been published yet. The author, Eric James, has the book listed at Kickstarter.com. If you'd like to pass on a random act of kindness and donate to his publishing cause, just click on that link. :)

I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this book! I wish it had been around when Bumblebee was on the way, and it would have been THE perfect read. Of course, it's still a wonderful read NOW! My boys are always fighting with each other, but each have a deep love for each other.

As you can guess from the title, this book is about Max. When a little brother is added to the family, he doesn't understand WHY he wasn't enough. Max is so mean to his little brother that he ends up leaving. The ending was actually my favorite part. No matter how many times I read it, I always end up with a smile on my face!

The story is told in rhyme, which always thrills my reading heart. There's nothing like reading a fun, rhyming story to my boys. The pictures are sweet, and fit with the story perfectly. Check out the Max's Little Brother webpage for a sampling.

I thought Max's Little Brother was a wonderful read and one that any child with a sibling will be able to relate to all too well!

*The author provided me with access to the book, in exchange for my honest opinion.

4 comments: