Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Price of Victory by Sandra Leesmith




In celebration of Sandra's newest release, Love's Refuge, I decided to read The Price of Victory. I'd got it on my kindle earlier this year, and I figured there was no better time than now to crack open its pages. I meant to get it up earlier in the tour, but here it is on the last day. Sorry, y'all!

Don't forget to grab your copy of Love's Refuge while it's only .99 during the blog tour. TODAY is the last day of this sale!!!!!!



The Price of Victory by Sandra Leesmith

Montlake Romance (June 3, 2011) 192 pages

Description:

Sterling Wade, a successful professional cyclist, finds the one thing he's missing in life is a woman to love. But Debra Valenzuela refuses to allow a relationship with any man to interfere with her determination to become a professional cyclist.
When Debra is seriously injured during a race, her ambition and wish to succeed and win her father's love are put to the test. With Sterling at her side during her rehabilitation, Debra learns that love is not a race to be won, but something to be earned. Can Sterling help Debra follow her dream and in the process discover new purpose for his own life? Will they accept the price of victory?

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

Just like Love's Refuge, I found this story a relaxing one. This time of year is my favorite, but I always crave lighter, relaxing reads as far as fiction goes. (I tend to crave non-fiction more than ever, too, judging by my reading stack this coming month.) The Price of Victory proved to be a perfect story to balance the stress of the season. It would make an even better "beach read", since it takes place during the hot months.

This is now the third book of Sandra's I've read, and I actually think it may have been my favorite. Love's Miracles was a little dark and edgy. Love's Refuge and The Price of Victory have both been light reads, with a touch of "sweet and sappiness", which was just what I wanted right now. I love that Sandra's books have all taught me something in the midst of the story, too. With this particular story, I learned more than I ever knew(which was nothing, unfortunately) about women's cycling. It was pretty interesting to pull my thoughts into that world for a bit. I also loved that a little ethnicity was thrown into the mix of this story!

I found The Price of Victory to be a quick, light read, with a sweet dose of romance.

3 comments:

  1. Bluerose! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and review it for the tour. :) And thanks for the S/O about the last day of the sale price for Love's Refuge!

    I haven't read The Price of Victory yet, although I have a copy, so I'm glad to hear you liked it! :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like light and sweet every so often too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. One of these days I *need* to read Sandra's novels. They sound really good. :)

    ReplyDelete