Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!



(photo credit)


Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!!!


I hope you're all enjoying time with your families!

Don't forget to pray about those who are away from their families in order to keep us safe. A huge "Thank You" to all of those in the military, healthcare workers(doctors, nurses, paramedics), firemen/women, police officers, and anyone at all who is away from their families in order to serve and protect us! I appreciate you all!!!

Please remember those who are lonely and grieving in prayer, too! This is an especially hard season for many out there, and I'm sure they'd appreciate your prayers!


**************************************

Now, if you're still in the mood for a little cooking......

And, you're craving something sweet, yet different, I have to recommend you give these Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies a try! I'm typically a chocolate girl, but these are pretty awesome! They're very rich, so thankfully they freeze well.


If you need a recipe to use up some of that leftover turkey, this "Best-Ever Homemade Chicken Pot Pie" recipe is delicious. For us, it was a new twist on the old fashioned pot pie, using parsley and parmesan cheese in the crust. The filling consists of sweet potatoes, broccoli, sage, and a few other things. Even better, it was easy to adapt to both the vegetarian in the house AND the meat eaters. Mine was a bit more "liquid-y", but still delicious!

I forgot to pin that recipe before using it and almost never found it again. Now, I have it in two places. ;)

Both of those recipes are new keepers for us AND perfect for the season!

4 comments:

  1. I am making turkey pot pie with my recipe tomorrow. Sweet potatoes DO sound good in it, but not to my husband. :(

    This is a season that IS so hard on so many people...definitely praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to not like sweet potatoes at all, but gradually, I love them now!

      I didn't know you had your pot pie recipe posted!!!! We'll have to try it, too. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great reminder to focus and pray for the right things. I hope your day was blessed and bountiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Tammy. Hope you and yours enjoyed a special day. :)

    ReplyDelete