Thursday, November 14, 2013

Goddess Tithe by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

First of all, I'm having computer problems at the moment. **I'm not ignoring comments!** I'm currently using Jonathan's computer, and for some reason, it won't let me comment on my own blog. It actually won't let me do many things, or I should say, I don't know how to make it do what I want. It's very different from mine. :S I'm trying to use my kindle for commenting some, but I haven't completely learned my way around using it for purposes other than reading. I'm working on getting my computer fixed, hopefully soon! Sorry, y'all!!




Goddess Tithe (Tales of Goldstone Wood) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Through November 14th, the kindle version of Goddess Tithe is only .99!!!! Make sure you grab yours!

The Vengeful Goddess

Demands Her Tithe

When a stowaway is discovered aboard the merchant ship Kulap Kanya, Munny, a cabin boy on his first voyage, knows what must be done. All stowaways are sacrificed to Risafeth, the evil goddess of the sea. Such is her right, and the Kulap Kanya's only hope to return safely home.

Yet, to the horror of his crew, Captain Sunan vows to protect the stowaway, a foreigner in clown's garb. A curse falls upon the ship and all who sail with her, for Risafeth will stop at nothing to claim her tithe.

Will Munny find the courage to trust his captain and to protect the strange clown who has become his friend?
My Thoughts:

I'm thrilled I was able to enter into the land of Goldstone Wood once again! It's a land I always miss, and look forward to revisiting. The adventures never end in this land, and I never know what will happen next.

Goddess Tithe takes place within the book Veiled Rose. One of the characters, Leonard, travels in that book, but we don't see all of the adventures his traveling involved. In Goddess Tithe, we see what took place while he was on Kulap Kanya. The story is told through the eyes of a young man named Munny.

Goddess Tithe is a novella, with about 130 pages. I hate to be negative, however slight, in any way towards any book in The Goldstone series. I truly *adore* these books! I have every one of them, except this one(soon, though, Lord willing)sitting on my bookshelf, and if I ever found myself without my books for whatever reason, these would be first in line for replacements. They are all absolute favorites of mine! That said, I struggled a bit through this book. It didn't hold my attention as these books usually do, and the writing seemed different. Don't get me wrong. I DID still enjoy it, just not as much as I would have expected. I'm sure that's my own fault. Life in my household seems especially chaotic right now, and I'm sure that affected my reading. Plus, I almost never enjoy novellas quite as much as a full book, although I DO still enjoy them. And! I've been spoiled with my favorite character, Eanrin, being in the other books, and he's not in this one. ;)

Goddess Tithe is also the author's first illustrated book. Getting to see her drawing talent alongside her writing was such a pleasure!

Goddess Tithe is on sale through the end of today for only .99! I want you to grab it! I can't imagine you'd have any regrets about it. At the same time, I want to ask you not to let this be your introduction into the series. It's still a beautiful story, but I do think you'd appreciate the whole series more if you read them in order. Of course, I don't think it would hurt if you only read Heartless and Veiled Rose before picking this one up.

*I was provided an e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I should look this up. That cover is so cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So far, I've loved all of Anne Elisabeth's covers! They're just so pretty. :)

      Delete