Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me



Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me


My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

This is a precious little book for babies! It's a perfect baby shower type of book(*see my note below, though). The stories and prayers are told in the simplest of forms, and you can't help but think about snuggling with your little ones before bedtime.

Firefly(2) was especially drawn to this book. The pictures are sweet, and teddy bears are all throughout. There are 14 different story/prayer combinations. The stories are each spread across 3 pages, and then the fourth page is a little prayer/poem.

"God, who made the earth,
The air, the sky, the sea,
Who gave the light its birth,
Careth for me.

God, who made the grass,
The flower, the fruit, the tree,
The day and night to pass,
Careth for me.

God, who made all things,
On earth, in air, in sea,
Who changing seasons brings,
Careth for me."

*The story of Jesus' birth and resurrection is referred to as Christmas and Easter. Since my family doesn't celebrate these events as holidays, I will skip these. (We DO think these events are important! I remember Jesus' resurrection every week with The Lord's Supper. We also DO celebrate Christmas and Easter, just not as religious holidays.)If you know someone else that doesn't celebrate those holidays as religious events, this might not be the best book choice for them.

Otherwise, this is a precious little book. There's also the choice for a pink version for girls(Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me (Pink edition))

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by what you said about not celebrating them as religious holidays. Would you mind elaborating. Of if you've covered this before, do you have a link to that post? I think I recall us chatting about it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO sorry it's taken me so long to respond! Commenting is finally fixed on Jonathan's computer. I couldn't get copy and paste to work on my kindle, and my computer is out of service at the moment.

      I wrote a post kind of explaining a couple of years ago. It's here:

      http://www.bluerosesheart.blogspot.com/2011/11/journey-to-christmasdvd-review.html

      Delete