Tuesday, August 27, 2013

From the Heart....



I'm so behind with everything, it's pitiful! I sat down earlier to attempt some commenting, and I was made aware of *just* how behind I am. I'm working on it! ;)

Despite that, I want to take a moment to write this post. I had lived with fear and worry concerning a decision in my past for years. It was a wonderful decision, but I felt it was brought about by the wrong reasons at that time. I made it right last week, and the peace that came with *that* decision has been an amazing experience. Wonderful, I tell you! With that, though, I've had another issue weigh heavy on my heart, and I want to attempt to make it somewhat right.

When I first started blogging, I didn't make the best reading choices. This post is mostly in reference to Christian non-fiction, but I'm constantly working on (slowly) improving my fiction choices, too. My ultimate goal in life is to get to heaven. Really, nothing else matters! To do that, I have to follow the guidelines set forth in the New Testament. There have been books I've read in the past, and some I might have even recommended to you, that I didn't completely agree with. I felt they had (some)false teaching in them, but contained subjects that aren't popular. I kept those issues to myself, and took the good from the book, and left the bad. The problem with that is that by recommending those books to you, I most likely left you with the impression that I agreed with all of the author's theology. I promoted false teaching, and I apologize for that!

I know most of you won't care about this, but some of you may, and I do! Plus, let me make it clear that my beliefs mean *NOTHING, WHAT.SO.EVER*! God's Word is what matters!

I struggle *greatly* with feeling like someone is falsely teaching others and simply me being judgemental to others. I don't like the tug of war I feel in those situations! My goal is to make better reading decisions in the first place, but to also be more upfront about when I feel someone is leading others away from what God has taught us in the New Testament. I also want to "study" an author a bit more before picking up one of their books. Don't get me wrong! I feel it's greatly important to study from multiple points of view concerning a subject. If I only believe and study what I've been taught, then how will I ever discover if I'm wrong! I encourage you to do the same. :) If an author is "way out there", though, I'd rather just stay away from their books in the first place, instead of wasting my time. There are quite a few authors that I read for encouragement on my journey to being a better wife and mother, but that doesn't mean I agree with their theology. I want to clear those lines that I've made for myself, and make sure you see them, too.

I'm learning to be secure in my beliefs. I know my beliefs aren't popular, and it's HARD expressing those. Please know that I'm never attempting to be judgemental of anyone or push my beliefs on any of you. I would hope that those of you that disagree with me would at least study up on "my" side of the argument, though. ;) I'm not always the best at expressing what I want in the best way, so I apologize for those posts that came across arrogant or rude. I can assure you it wasn't my intention, and there have been posts removed due to seeing later how rude I sounded. I pray all of you keep patience with me and excuse me when my words don't come out quite the way I hoped.

Well, if you stuck with me through all of that, Thank you! ;)

Now, I'm off to do some commenting!

7 comments:

  1. Oh doll! You're doing just fine. No apologies necessary. Good luck finding what feels right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juju! You're always so sweet and encouraging!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have found that I am also much more discerning now than when I began blogging...and recommending books.

    I have been reading your blog for years. When you have written about your own convictions that may be significantly different than many (even other Christians), I always thought you wrote carefully. It seemed to me that you didn't apologize for your convictions, but you were careful in how you shared...trying not to offend while enlightening us... you did share with the idea of helping us to think more about why you do feel what you feel...and hope that we might do the same...but you didn't come off as judgmental to me, just convicted.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That was exactly what I've *wanted* to go for, but wasn't sure it was ending up that way. ;)

      Delete
  3. :D (I'm working backwards on your blog in playing catch-up so I can keep up!)j

    I smiled so big at this post. I love it! Thanks for taking a moment to share that. I REALLY love that you share your convictions. It's so refreshing and ENCOURAGING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! :) I've always loved the way you stand up for your convictions and don't seem to let the criticism of others bother you. I truly admire that about you! I've always had pretty conservative convictions, but I haven't always had the backbone to stand up for them like I should. It's a journey! :)

      Delete
  4. :D (I'm working backwards on your blog in playing catch-up so I can keep up!)j

    I smiled so big at this post. I love it! Thanks for taking a moment to share that. I REALLY love that you share your convictions. It's so refreshing and ENCOURAGING!

    ReplyDelete