Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer



Bethany House Publishers (June 1, 2013) 352 pages

My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Thoughts:

When I saw the cover reveal for the 1st cover of Stealing the Preacher, I almost cried. Seriously! I didn't like it at all, and I hated that it didn't match the other lovely Witemeyer books on my shelf. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who felt that way, because it wasn't too much longer later that this beauty made it's appearance and made my day! A sigh of relief may have escaped me when I saw it. ;)

Although Witemeyer doesn't typically write sequels, I'm thrilled that Stealing the Preacher is the sequel to Short-Straw Bride. Crockett gets the spotlight in this story. As he's on his way to try out for a preacher position, a group of bandits jump on his train and kidnap him as a present for the leader's daughter. Joanna has been praying for a preacher and even asks for one for her birthday. Little did she know that one would show up just in time.

Witemeyer has yet to disappoint me! I know when I'm in the mood for a sweet Western romance, I have to look no further than her books. I'm always guaranteed a smile. As always, her leading man, Crockett, is a gentleman through and through. Joanna is about as sweet and gentle as they come, too. I connected with her more than any of Witemeyer's books, probably due to her shy nature.

I adored the ending! I won't say too much to give it away, but it's not too often you get to read about things like that even in Christian fiction. Every time one of those events happen and I hear the songs along with it(included in this book), it brings tears to my eyes. I've admitted how emotional I am, but I assure you there is NO better reason to cry tears of joy!

Overall, Stealing the Preacher was a joy to read, and I highly recommend ALL of Witemeyer's novels!


*I was provided a review copy from Bethany House through Litfuse Publicity in exchange for my honest opinion.




Karen Witemeyer is "kindling" the excitement for Stealing the Preacher (Bethany House) with a Kindle Fire Giveaway and connecting with readers at her June 18th Facebook Author Chat Party!

StealingPreacher300


 
One winner will receive:

  • A Kindle Fire
  • Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer 
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends at 4pm on June 18th. Winner will be announced at the "Stealing the Preacher" Facebook Author Chat Party on June 18th. Connect with Karen for an evening of book chat, trivia, laughter, and more! Karen will also share an exclusive look at her next book and give away books and other fun prizes throughout the evening.




So grab your copy of Stealing the Preacher and join Karen on the evening of June 18th for a chance to connect and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the book, don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun; RSVP todayTell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 18th!

5 comments:

  1. This is the second review I read that praises this book. I've never read anything by this author but I'm now tempted to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're trying Witemeyer for the first time, I recommend Tailor Made Bride or To Win Her Heart! Those are my favorites!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this, Bluerose. :)

    Given the era/setting isn't a favorite, I didn't love it however I appreciated what was good about the story (the father-daughter relationship, the fact both protagonists were Christians) while the ending got on my nerve.

    Don't get me wrong I liked that things ended happily, it just seemed like the bit with Joanna's father being saved was "tacked on" and not as sincere as it could have been.

    ReplyDelete