Thursday, June 27, 2013

Seasons of a Mother's Heart Bookclub and Inspiration Journaling



Amy @ Hope is the Word announced a new bookclub for reading through Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson.

I thought this sounded like a perfect way to encourage me to dig for the inspiration found in this book, and chew on it slowly throughout the summer. As a bonus, it's always nice to see what others gained from their reading that I might not have picked up on. Despite being a book for homeschooling moms, I'm still hoping it will apply to me, too. I'm *not* a homeschooling mom yet. We're actually still on the fence about whether we're going to do homeschooling or public, but we're hanging more on the homeschooling side. My oldest won't start kindergarten until fall 2014, so I'm currently planning out a "practice year" for him.

Just this week I had already added Educating the WholeHearted Child to my library, thanks to a Books-A-Million coupon. After reading about this bookclub, I snagged a copy of Seasons at Abebooks for $3.49(shipping included), which was a great deal. It is a 1st edition, so hopefully I won't be missing out on too much new information.

If you'd like to join in check out Amy's introduction post HERE. She already has the schedule up, too. It's a few chapter every 2 weeks, which is easily manageable. :) Hopefully, my book will get here in time!

Scripture Art

Amy has actually been quite the inspiration for me recently! I've been reading a bit of Charlotte Mason's work and a bit about her, and I was already inspired to start an "inspiration journal" for myself. I can feel the hands of depression trying to pull me under too often these days, and I don't like it! I need to remove a great deal of "twaddle" from my days. Amy posted about "scripture art" and it was like I heard the angels singing! I feel like it's a perfect addition to my days. What better way to de-stress and meditate on God's Word?! I've decided to add this into my "inspirational" journal, too. I may blog a bit with my progress as I go along.

Here's my 1st and 2nd attempts, just to prove to you that you *don't* have to have any talent whatsoever to do scripture art. ;) It's fun! You should try it! I just tried to talk my momma into doing it last night.





*I can't seem to get these crazy pictures smaller at the moment!

I'm planning on working my way through 31 Days of Scripture Art Journaling, so hopefully my attempts will improve a bit by the end.

9 comments:

  1. You really, really have no idea how much I love this! I am ***SO GLAD*** you have been inspired by my attempts at scripture art journaling to give it a go yourself! I love the verses you've shared and been inspired by. Isn't it wonderful to meditate on God's word as you doodle, draw, and color? I can appreciate what you say here, too, because I battle depression myself.

    I'm REALLY glad you're joining in the bookclub, too! ;)

    This post just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to meditate of God's Word while playing! It brings out the child in me, and that's usually a good thing. ;)

      I'm incredibly grateful you've shared your inspiration!! It was just the boost I needed.

      And, I'm really looking forward to the bookclub! :)

      Delete
  2. I have just recently realized how depressed I was for the past 1.5 years...thankful you are learning a way out and fighting it.

    I like your scripture art!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Prayers*

      It's so hard sometimes, isn't it?! It seems like the battle gets harder and harder at times.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness we have God's word to help us cope with depression. My mood is always uplifted when I read the Bible, which is why I try to do it daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I can't imagine *trying* to make it through motherhood(or life, period) without God's guidance.

      Delete
  4. I love that you are joining in. I struggle with depression too, which is why I think I love to journal so much. it takes me out of myself and gets me into God's word. And yes... it's HARD. so hard. I love the scripture you chose. Sometimes it seems to almost come alive as I'm journaling. it's cool. i'm so glad you joined in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inspiring so many of us this way! :)

      It's already helped me to focus better on my Bible reading, and get more out of it. I'm loving it for so many reasons!

      Delete