Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nalah and the Pink Tiger by Anne Sawyer-Aitch



Nalah and the Pink Tiger by Anne Sawyer-Aitch

Scarletta Kids (March 5, 2013) 40 pages

Nalah has quite a few animals living in her house!

"My mom says I have a big imagination. I think that means she can't see the animals."

There's Mad Tooth the mouse that lives in her sock drawer. She's one to be feared! Then there's Percival Prong, the polka-dot pig that likes to hang out in the bathroom, and Ernestina, the green emu. One day Nalah goes to the zoo, and brings home a pink tiger, named Tico. He gets Nalah into a bit of trouble!

When this book was first welcomed into our home, I automatically noticed the gorgeous pictures. They're bright and FUN! As much as I enjoyed the story and the pictures, I was quite surprised at just how much my two oldest enjoyed the story. Their favorite part of the book was no doubt Mad Tooth's parts, though. When she was first introduced, Grasshopper had himself one giant giggle-fest before we could continue. While he enjoyed the rest of the story, as soon as I finished reading, he flipped back to see Mad Tooth some more. And, giggle some more! Even after a few weeks, both Grasshopper and Firefly are still talking(and giggling) about Mad Tooth and asking about her.

Nalah and the Pink Tiger allows for lots of voice changing opportunity. There's the story, of course, but then there's also little bits of dialogue between the characters happening on the side. My boys especially enjoyed this part of the book, too, I think.

We all give this book a highly recommended for the preschool crowd!

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. We loved this book too! The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. The text you quoted was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote just made me smile when I read it. :)

      Delete