Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck



Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck

Zondervan (May 7, 2013) 352 pages

Description:

Once Upon a Prince, the first novel in the Royal Wedding series by bestselling author Rachel Hauck, treats you to a modern-day fairy tale.

Susanna Truitt never dreamed of a great romance or being treated like a princess---just to marry the man she has loved for twelve years. But life isn’t going according to plan. When her high-school-sweetheart-turned-Marine-officer breaks up instead of proposing, Susanna scrambles to rebuild her life.

The last thing Prince Nathaniel expects to find on his American holiday to St. Simon’s Island is the queen of his heart. A prince has duties, and his family’s tense political situation has chosen his bride for him. When Prince Nathaniel comes to Susanna’s aid under the fabled Lover’s Oak, he is blindsided by love.

Their lives are worlds apart. He’s a royal prince. She’s a ordinary girl. But everything changes when Susanna receives an invitation to Nathaniel’s coronation.

My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Thoughts:

If you've been around me in the blogosphere at all, then it's probably no surprise that I couldn't stay away from a book with that cover! It has to be one of the most gorgeous, fairy tale-ish covers I've ever seen! I think I would have had to keep it on my shelf, even if it ended up being horrible. Thankfully, that wasn't the case with Once Upon a Prince! The story is just as lovely as it's cover!

I've really been craving a great "princess" story lately! I've been thinking about re-reading The Princess in order to fulfill that craving. I even DVRed The Prince and Me, with hopes of getting to re-watch it at some point. I'm thrilled that this adorable story satisfied my craving. Susanna and Nate's is just about as sweet as you can get, and they both made me smile throughout their story.

Nate and Susanna's story was made even better by an amazing group of secondary characters. Aurora was especially interesting. She added a mysterious vibe and a fun touch to the reading experience. I would have loved to have seen more of her. She was sort of like a Fairy Godmother, which makes me love this book even more. ;) Susanna's family is the Southern experience at its best. You can't help but love them.

Overall, I adored Once Upon a Prince, and it's going straight to my keeper shelf. This is now the second book of Hauck's that I've loved, so I'm promptly adding her other books to my reading list!

*I was provided a review copy from Zondervan through Litfuse Publicity in exchange for my honest opinion.

Rachel Hauck is celebrating the release of Once Upon a Prince with a fun "Royal Wedding" Giveaway and connecting with readers at her May 28th Facebook Party.



PrinceHauck300



One "royal" winner will receive:


  • A Kindle Fire
  • Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck
Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on May 27th. Winner will be announced at the "Once Upon a Prince" Facebook Author Chat Party on May 28th. Connect with Rachel for an evening of book chat, wedding trivia, laughter, and more! Rachel will also be sharing a sneak peek at the next book in the series and giving away books and fun gift certificates throughout the evening.



So grab your copy of Once Upon a Prince and join Rachel on the evening of May 28th for a chance to connect and make some new friends. (If you haven't read the book, don't let that stop you from coming!)

Don't miss a moment of the fun; RSVP todayTell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on the 28th!

12 comments:

  1. Isn't it such a fun story?! Definitely a keeper in my book too. :D I've been waiting to write my review until I could gather all my myriad of thoughts together. I figured my review should probably be more than "I loved it! Go read it!". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely couldn't put my thoughts together enough to portray what I really thought. I loved it, too, though! :)

      Delete
  2. The cover is awesome. This sounds like the perfect fairy-talish book in which to escape. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect little romantic escape. :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this book a lot too-I would love to fall in love with a prince (and have his love in return!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might every single girl's fantasy. ;) Of course, my hubby is a prince in his own way!

      My oldest son asked me if his Daddy was a princess this morning. I said, "No, Daddy is a knight in shining armor!" ;)

      Delete
  4. I saw this one on Kara's blog actually, and another blog too a few weeks ago. I can't wait to read it! Sounds wonderful. :)
    Clean Teen Fiction
    Clean Adult Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been hearing wonderful things about it before I read it. I went into it with HIGH expectations, and was thrilled it lived up to them! :)

      Delete
  5. Good golly, another fan of 'Prince'!? Yay! Love this, Bluerose. I thought the story was surprisingly realistic in ways I didn't honestly expect. Like you, I was charmed by the book and am certainly reserving a prime spot for it on my "keeper" shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Aurora was a little out there as far as being realistic for me, but I still enjoyed her as a "fantasy" like element. The rest was, as you said, surprisingly realistic to me too! :)

      Delete
  6. I was about to buy some English books online, and found this post of yours.. Got another book to add in the list :)

    ReplyDelete