Monday, May 27, 2013

Love's Miracles by Sandra Leesmith(PLUS FREEBIE TODAY ONLY!!!!!!)



Love's Miracles by Sandra Leesmith (FREE THROUGH TODAY-MAY 27th ON KINDLE!!!!!!!!)

May 15th, 2013

Description:

Dr. Margo Devaull came to Dominic Zanelli's mountain retreat confident that she could help this Vietnam veteran overcome the torment that kept him apart from the world. But her training as a psychologist had not prepared her for the tragic, explosive contradictions brewing inside him. For here was a sensitive artist who could be gentle – and a man whose eyes flashed with violence and pain when he told her to leave and never come back. Yet Margo did come back, slowly gain his trust, and awaken the sleeping needs of his heart. Only by reliving her own wounded past and helping Zane confront a terrible memory from the war could she set them both free – and save their last chance for love.

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

This was a huge leap from my typical read! I don't tend to read "war" related books, because they're generally more "gritty" in nature. I thought it fitting to read Love's Miracles in remembrance of Memorial Day, though. After all, it's not "National Bar-B-Que" Day! Not only does the wars affect these soldiers long after it's over, but it also affects those that love them long after, too.

Sandra did an amazing job of bringing the world of war-related PTSD to the pages of this book! Dominic(Zane) has flashbacks of when he fought in the Vietnam war in Love's Miracles, and they aren't always easy to read! It's actually quite painful to think of what our soldiers go through for us! It put me in a more grateful state of mind today.

Love's Miracles takes place in the 1980s. I found that an interesting aspect to the story. It's not too often that I escape to that time period, other than my childhood memories. ;) The descriptions of the clothing that is worn makes it the most obvious. Otherwise, you wouldn't really know you'd stepped back 25-30 years ago. I couldn't help but smile thinking about how much clothing choices have changed since then.

Just a word of warning, this is NOT a Christian book. It has been edited and reprinted as a "generally clean romance", but it's still pretty passionate(without going too far) at times. There's also a few words of mild profanity. It's kind of like an "edgy" Christian book, so don't let that deter you! (Sandra explains a bit more in the comments as far as content goes, so read that explanation).

Overall, while it wasn't *always* pleasant to read, I enjoyed escaping into it's pages, and I'm glad my mind was reminded of what today is all about!

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.


Don't forget to grab your FREE copy TODAY ONLY!!!!!

Love's Miracles



Enter to win:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring Love's Miracles on your review today. You are right to warn that it does have some gritty scenes. It is difficult to portray war without them.

    Amber did a great job in editing the language and sexual scenes. We decided to leave some in that weren't too graphic because they enhanced the characters reactions and feelings.

    Thanks again for your review.

    Most Christian publishers don't allow those kind of emotions and war scenes. Even though they are part of life in this world, they want to protect the readers from those experiences. So in that sense the book is not Christian.

    The novel is faith based, however. I am a Christian and the characters do follow Christian values. They turn to God and church for help. So hopefully that will help you decide about reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! :)

      Thank you for explaining more on the Christian aspect! I edited in to make sure readers come here to read your comment.

      Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your tour! I've enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your review, Bluerose! I love your honesty and how you shared about the book's connection with Memorial Day for you. :) This was the perfect post for today's blog-tour stop, and I'm so grateful for your participation!!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Thank YOU for allowing me to be a part of it! :)

      Delete
  3. Great review. I'm thrilled that I grabbed it when it was free. I look forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you grabbed it in time! :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. Hi Juju, I hope you enjoy Love's MIracles. I love meeting new readers. Its one of the best part of being an author. smile

      Delete
  4. Hello, Bluerose. I've been part of Love's Miracles blog tour and enjoyed visiting your site. I agree....Sandra's book is a good reminder of the true meaning of Memorial Day! Fun to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! :) I'm off to see your review now.

      Delete
    2. This has been so much fun. I feel blessed that we all have met each other.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful review Bluerose! I loved the tie-in to Memorial Day, a great tribute. I especially like Sandra's explanation of the sexual content of the book as I had mentioned that in my review. I agree there were Christian values portrayed in the book, especially the need to forgive and be forgiven. I too am part of the blog tour stopping by to see what everyone's thoughts were on Love's Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm off to see your review now!

      Delete
  6. Hi Bluerose, I want to thank you again for participating in the blog tour. As I mentioned, it was my first tour and I found it interesting and fun. I appreciate all you did. Thanks for the review also.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete