Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Classic Double Challenge: The Ryn by Serena Chase/ Snow White and Rose Red PLUS Cover Reveal!!!!!





Snow White and Rose Red by The Brothers Grimm

Until reading about "The Ryn", I didn't even know that there was a completely different Snow White story. I actually waited until after reading "The Ryn" to read through Snow White and Rose Red. (You can go to Surlalune Fairy Tales and read it if you don't know it.) It was interesting, to say the least! I'm looking forward to exploring more about this story now, though.



The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria)


My Rating: 5/5 stars

Description:

DESTINED by prophecy. GUARDED by deception. PURSUED by Love.

Centuries ago, an oracle foretold of the young woman who would defeat E’veria’s most ancient enemy, the Cobelds. But after two centuries of relative peace, both the prophecy and the Cobelds have been relegated to lore—and only a few remain watchful for the promised Ryn.

Finally, a child is born who matches the oracle’s description, but a Cobeld curse accompanies her birth. Led to believe they succeeded in killing the prophesied child, the Cobelds emerge from hiding with plans to overtake the Kingdom.

But the child survived.

Secreted away and called “Rose” for the first nineteen years of her life, Rynnaia E'veri has no idea of her true identity until a chance meeting with an injured knight reveals not only her parentage and true name, but the task assigned her by the oracle: discover the Remedy that will destroy the Cobelds' power.

Now, her time has come.

Offered the assistance of pirates, scribes, storytellers, a young woman who died centuries ago, and the knight who is quickly working his way into her heart, Rynnaia is fortified with friends. But if the Ryn is to complete her task, she must come to terms with not only who she is, but for whom she must be willing to die. For the kingdom’s survival depends on her.

My Thoughts:

This lady has got talent! I was blown away by The Ryn. Seriously, impressed y'all!

The various loves portrayed throughout The Ryn warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes. The knight in shining armor of this story was one of the sweetest men I've ever encountered in my reading.

The Ryn is full of knights and pirates(can't wait to read more about Cazien), scribes and magical beards. My favorite was the storytellers who could bring their characters "to life" with simply a breath across their palm. There's even candle-like walls and glowing "fish". Those little creatures stole my heart, for sure!

Fairytale re-tellings are my favorite kinds of reads, and The Ryn has been added to my favorites among those! I can't wait to read more in this series. As I read the fairy tale of Snow White and Rose Red, I couldn't help but smile at the little parts that Serena added into her story. Yet, she still kept it completely original! My only disappointment is that I have to wait for the next one!

*I won this book. I was NOT required to share thoughts about it, but am doing so, because I love it so much!


NOW FOR THE COVER REVEAL FOR "THE REMEDY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




My favorite book covers are those that incorporate aspects of the story into it, and both of these covers have done a brilliant job of that. There's a great deal of details from the story(at least "The Ryn", since I haven't read "The Remedy" yet) on them!


"Nine marks stand guard to guide the way. Three tasks upon the Ryn will prey. Death stalks the path with fierce desire, and a council of four will light the pyre.

Having come to terms with her long-hidden identity, Princess Rynnaia E’veri is ready to take her rightful place. But before she can join her father at Castle Rynwyk, she must endeavor to fulfill a 200-year-old prophecy and defeat the Kingdom’s ancient enemy, the Cobelds. Joined by her faithful knight, Sir Julien de Gladiel, and a gifted group of friends, Rynnaia must trek a dangerous path through canyons, forests, and into the very depths of a mountain where, if the prophetic scrolls prove correct, she will face an unknown foe, alone. Treacheries will be discovered, sacrifices will be made, friends will be lost, and love will be tested, but if even one line of the riddled prophecy is misinterpreted, Rynnaia will fail . . . and the Kingdom will fall."


If you like fairy tales and/or fantasy at all, I highly recommend giving this series a try!

13 comments:

  1. I'm about mid-way into The Ryn and am already looking forward to The Remedy. So exciting. And I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much looking forward to The Remedy, too! I'm glad it won't be too horribly much longer. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for helping with the cover reveal and for your lovely words about THE REMEDY, Bluerose!

    Julie, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I've only did two cover reveals now, but I only do them for a series I've fallen in love with! ;)

      Delete
  3. Whoops! I meant THE RYN! But I'm glad you are looking forward to book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fun! I haven't read Snow White and Rose Red before either. Now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow White and Rose Red is different, for sure!

      Delete
  5. SO glad you liked it! :) WHOOOT!

    And I like the new cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read Snow White and Rose Red either, thanks for posting the link.

    Soooo glad you loved the Ryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to read Snow and Red now! :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't read Snow White and Rose Red myself, but I'm intrigued to see what I think. Like you, I want to wait til I'm through with The Ryn before trying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will probably make you smile to see what Serena did with the original. :)

      Delete