Friday, March 22, 2013

My Very First Easter Story Sticker Book



My Thoughts:

First of all, let me mention that I don't celebrate Easter as a "Jesus" holiday. You may remember my post explaining why I don't celebrate Christmas as Christ's birthday. It's HERE, if you're curious. My thoughts are the same concerning Easter. I do take the Lord's Supper every Sunday(that I'm not stranded home with sick babies or something) as a remembrance of Christ's death and resurrection. To show you how odd we are, we also don't teach that Santa and the Easter Bunny are real. They are fictional characters that we have a lot of fun with, though. :) (Of course, my two oldest are at an age where fact and fiction blend at times. At this point, we don't make a huge deal that the Easter Bunny doesn't actually exist. We won't lie when they ask, though.)

On to the book now! Since my little ones can't read yet, I can conveniently leave the word "Easter" out of any of the reading in here. We used it as a Bible lesson on Jesus. The pages are numbered as a two page spread. For example, page 1 is actually 2 pages. There are 8 pages(16)with 2 pages of stickers in the middle. At the top of pages 1-6 is the story of Jesus with shadowed spots to place stickers. At the bottom of the pages is little activities. There's counting and matching, etc. Page 7 is a quick overview of the life of Jesus. As you can guess with a book like this, the account of Jesus' life is VERY condensed and simplified. There's a warning on the back to not use this book with children under 36 months. I guess the stickers can create a choking hazard. I think the book is best for 2-4 years old, though. It's really simple!

We like it, though! It's a fun way for little ones to learn about Jesus.

*I was provided a review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. And who doesn't love stickers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I even had sticker collection books when I was younger. :)

      Delete
  2. What Juju said. And you are right - it makes for a good Bible story activity - whether on Easter or no.

    ReplyDelete