Saturday, March 2, 2013

Humble Bumbles Humble Heart: A Book of Virtues by Amy Meyer Allen



Tyndale Kids (March 3, 2013) 192 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

I didn't know what to expect when I got Humble Heart. I knew it had about 190 pages, so I was afraid it would be too much for my little ones now(1 and 4), but decided to chance it anyway. I was thrilled at just how simple this book is! There is a big picture on one side, and one to two sentences on the other side of each two page spread, with a total of 9 stories. At the end of each story, there's also a Bible verse. Each story focuses on a main character, along with a certain virtue.

Humility with Humble Honeybee
Love with Babo Bear
Thoughtfulness with Caroline Cat
Faithfulness with Daniel Dog
Mercy with Percie Pig
Encouragement with Barnabas Bunny
Comfort with Lydia Lamb
Courage with Lancelot Lion
Joy with Felicity Frog

I think Humble Heart will probably appeal more to younger readers, but I think there's a pretty good range, in my opinion(maybe 2-8ish). The pictures are cute, and the writing is huge. Plus, it's an awesome book to pair with character studies! It's a bit bigger than I was expecting, too. The cover is on the thicker side, with slight padding. Coming from a momma expecting #3, I think it would make a perfect baby shower gift! (I already have a copy, so not a hint there.) ;)

Overall, Humble Heart is a cute book with several great messages!

*I was provided a review copy from Tyndale in exchange for my honest opinion.




3 comments:

  1. I like saying Humble Bumble. It makes you smile no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute book for young ones that teach good qualities. I like the title too.

    ReplyDelete