Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bon Appetit and Piece de Resistance by Sandra Byrd

*****There are slight spoilers for the previous books with each of these!



My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Thoughts:

Lexi gets the opportunity of a lifetime! She's going to France to study cooking and work in Luc's family's bakery. This doesn't come without a price, though! She's leaving her family and friends. It's especially difficult being away from her best friend, as things progress very quickly with her boyfriend. Lexi feels guilty not being there for her. Then there's Dan. Lexi doesn't know if she's leaving something special uncovered or not.

While in France, Lexi meets new people and friends. She even meets a little girl that she actually likes(she's not a kid person, to say the least). Plus, a new man enters her life.

I liked Let Them Eat Cake. It was fun and cute. It's with this book, Bon Appetit, though, that I fell in love with the series. I adored that it was set in France. I gained a better appreciation of the culture over there. You will learn the difference between preservatives and preservatifs! ;) I appreciated that laugh!

Lexi now has two amazing guys in her life, and I honestly didn't have a clue who she would end up with as the story ended. I enjoyed seeing Lexi's spiritual growth, and even passing that growth on to others. It was fun to see her thaw out many of the cold shoulders she encountered, and even strengthening her relationships with friends and family.

As I mentioned yesterday, once again there was recipes throughout this book. I have quite a few of them bookmarked!

Overall, I loved Bon Appetit, and jumped right into the next book.

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.



My Rating: 5/5 stars

My Thoughts:

Lexi is back in Seattle, working at her dream job. It's a little more difficult than she imagined with responsibilities she didn't realize she was taking on with the job. She's determined to make it work, though, and quickly! It's only a matter of months before she could lose it all.

In Piece de Resistance, Lexi has to work through her feelings for both Dan and Phillipe. I had my pick, and anticipated who would win her heart pretty early on in this book. It still warmed my heart to see it all come together, though. I'm not one for "edgy" Christian romances. While I do have a few "edgy" authors I'm pretty loyal to, I prefer "sweet" romances. I love FEELING those looks across the room. Sandra's writing gave me that and more! When I can feel the warmth from two characters holding hands, or a simple kiss on the cheek melts my heart, I know I've found a talented author!(Of course, I already knew that with Sandra!) ;) While many of the "sweet romances" I've read sacrifice greatly in the romance department, that wasn't the case with this book! It was a "melt my heart" romance without the edgy, and THAT made me one happy and content reader as I turned the last page.

I grew to love this series more and more as it went along, and with Piece de Resistance, this series officially made it to my favorites list. Not to mention, I'll never look at suspenders without thinking of this series now. ;)

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

****************


 photo FinalButton1_zpsac14075d.jpg



***Don't forget that through TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 14th, you can grab Let Them Eat Cake for FREE on Kindle. I highly recommend grabbing Bon Appetit and Piece de Resistance for only .99 while you're at it! This deal also ends tomorrow! Seriously, you can't beat reading this whole series for $1.98!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Tammy, for taking the time to read and review all three. I truly appreciate your time and am blessed by your affection for my books! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! It was definitely my pleasure to read them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your reviews! The entire time I was reading this I was thinking how much I liked a guy in suspenders too! Loved that Sandra made a hero with quirky style. ;-)

    xoxo,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete