Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pregnancy Cravings



Since I haven't officially announced on my blog.......




It's a BOY!!!!!




We're excited! 3 boys? That's a pretty special blessing. ;) We can't wait to meet our newest little guy. Well, we can(and hope, Lord willing) to wait about 12 more weeks.

I've decided to go with Bumblebee as #3's nickname. So, from now on that's what I'll refer to him as.



(This one was taken by our wonderful photographer during our fall pictures. It's one of my favorites, since it shows a glimpse of brother bonding).


I'm curious to know what you craved during your pregnancy(s)!

With Grasshopper, I craved meat, mainly chicken. In case you're new around here, I'm a vegetarian, so that was quite odd for me. I did ignore that craving, though. The closest thing I came to craving otherwise was Taco Bell's Nacho Bell Grande, with beans, of course. At that time, there wasn't a Taco Bell in our town, so we'd have to drive to the next one over to fulfill that craving.

With Firefly and now with Bumblebee, I craved(am craving) oranges, which is a pretty great thing to crave, especially during cold season! Jonathan brought home an 8 pound bag of navel oranges one day, and was afraid they'd go bad. Ha! I think they might have lasted a few days. I picked up another bag a couple of days ago. I'm hoping to make a batch of blueberry-orange muffins with a couple of them before they disappear.

How do you like to eat your oranges?




I like to cut the peeling completely off with a knife and then eat only the pulp. I can't stand eating all the extra stuff in there.



It is pretty messy. I always have a hand towel nearby when eating them.

So! Let's hear those pregnancy cravings! Anything unusual? My cravings have remained pretty boring, but I'm okay with that! :)

16 comments:

  1. Aw, congrats! I know my sis-in-law craved cigarettes, though she's never smoked. And she didn't want to smoke them, but eat them :) Also, dirt. Doesn't sound like a yummy craving like oranges to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless her heart! I'm liking my boring old craving even more now! ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll be kept busy with three boys, but still have lots of fun! :) I hope the delivery goes well (and quickly!) for you when the time comes. :)

    Love that picture of your two boys! Too sweet!

    Having never been pregnant, I can't really speak to pregnancy cravings... ;) But I really prefer the little Cuties oranges to the bigger oranges - so much easier to eat, LOL!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I highly prefer the taste of the smaller oranges, but the bigger ones are SO much easier for me the way I eat them. I have to deal with seeds, and more juice with the smaller ones, so I make an even bigger mess. Of course, I don't know that I've ever had the actual Cuties brand. I'll have to give them a try next time I get groceries!

      Delete
    2. Oh, you should totally try the Cuties brand! No seeds, and the pieces can pop right in your mouth, so there's little mess except for the peel (which is not too hard to get off, actually). :) But I'm not sure exactly how it would be with your method... ;) I hope you love them, though, if you do decide to pick them up!

      ~Amber

      Delete
    3. I got some Cuties today! They are actually PERFECT for the boys, so we'll be getting those for them from now on, I think. They were so easy to peel, I could even send them for Grasshopper's snack time, so thank you for recommending them! :)
      As much as I prefer the taste of them AND the smell(oh, they smell so strongly of citrus!), the navel oranges still work better for only eating the pulp, like I do. ;P If I could eat the skin, though, they'd my favorite by far.

      Delete
  3. :) Super exciting!

    Oranges are such work...I never eat them.

    I just wanted bread and cereal. My comfort foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I think I've eat more oranges during my last two pregnancies than I have in all the rest of my life combined. :P

      Carbs are my normal comfort food, too! Unfortunately, I like mine best of the sugary variety.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! What a beautiful blessing in deed! 3 boys. That's totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I previously missed the news about it being a boy!? (Or I've just forgotten.) At any rate.......CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

    With my first I craved sugar. (Bad)

    With my second, I really didn't have any cravings. (Good.)

    Each one is different in such a funny way. Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I have 3 boys who keep my life fun, busy, and very very messy! :) I'm pregnant too! I'm waiting to find out the gender next week before I do a blog announcement. We'll see if I get boy #4 or finally a girl. I'm not due until June.

    Clean Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Carrie-
    It is amazing how different every pregnancy is! With the orange exception, ALL three have been extremely different, and we kept expecting a girl because of it. ;) Apparently, you can't go by that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kathryn-
    Yay!!!! That is so awesome!!! From experience I should have suspected it. I typically guess when young ladies take a step back from blogging suddenly that there's a little one on the way(because that first trimester just about requires a step back). I had no idea with you, though. I'm so excited for y'all. I can't wait to find out if you're having a girl or boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yep! I like to blog early in the morning before the boys wake up, and that soooo was not happening during that first trimester. I could barely stay awake to read any books anyway. :)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your new son!!

    ReplyDelete