Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Home by Greg Kincaid



Crown (October 30, 2012) 240 pages

My Rating: 4/5 stars

My Thoughts:

This is the second book that features the dog, Christmas. I do think that I would have liked this book much better if I'd read the other one, but I still enjoyed it.

Todd is the leading man of A Christmas Home. He was a younger character in A Dog Named Christmas, but he's 24 in this story. He has disabilities, and finds great comfort in dogs and his new friend, Laura. When he learns his town's local shelter(which he works at)is closing due to financial needs, he's also on the search for a new job, and really struggles with which direction he needs to go.

This is a perfect book for the dog lovers out there! It's cute, and will help get you in the Christmas spirit. Of course, like all Christmas novellas, it's still a perfect read for anytime of the year. I typically stay away from animal movies and stories, simply because I KNOW I will end up crying. This one actually wasn't too emotional. It does have its moments, but its not too bad. Although dogs are a huge part of the story, Todd still holds center stage in A Christmas Home.

Overall, this ended up being a sweet and sometimes funny Christmas story!

*Thanks to the Blogging for Books program for sending me a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!

1 comment:

  1. I read the first one and liked it! I'd definitely up for reading this one as well.

    ReplyDelete