Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Return to Sunday Dinner by Russell Cronkhite


Thomas Nelson; Rev Upd edition (October 16, 2012) 272 pages

My parent's rating: 5/5 stars

Our thoughts:

I missed out on another book that my parents wanted, and I felt bad. I got Return to Sunday Dinner instead, and they were pretty happy with the trade-off. I flipped through it before giving it to them, and I was pretty impressed. It's a really nice hardcover book! It's not a "gift-type" book, but it would make a perfect gift. It's also a cookbook. I thought it was going to be more of a regular book with recipes sprinkled in, but it's pretty much recipes!

This is an updated and revised book from 2003, by the way.

Now to my parent's thoughts. They were even more impressed with the book than me. My momma has quite a few recipes that caught her eye, including the glazed baby carrots, the family friendly meatloaf, twice baked sweet potato casserole, and the Sunday comfort macaroni and cheese. She's also excited about some of the soup, biscuit, and cake recipes.

My daddy even got in on the reviewing. As I talked to my momma on the phone, I heard him in the background telling not to forget the pictures. He found them very appealing. ;) They both liked the way it was wrote and the steps given. There was even time saving tips for cooking. Sometimes it's just easier to cook some things ahead!

Overall, we have to recommend it! It's a beautiful addition to any cookbook collection!

*We were provided a review copy of this book through the Booksneeze program in exchange for our honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you shared their opinions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like something I would enjoy browsing through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun your parents liked this one and helped you review it!

    ReplyDelete