Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Pop-Up Bible Stories by Juliet David



My Thoughts:

I collect pop-up books, so when My Pop Up Bible Stories came up for review, I didn't hesitate! When I pulled it out of the package, it was very tempting to hide it from my boys. I might have for a minute or two, but I did decide to share. We're very careful with it, so it can go in my collection in relatively good shape. ;)

It's important to know that this book is purely for the "Wow" factor. There's only 5 VERY summarized stories throughout the book. They are the story of baby Moses, Daniel in the lion's den, Jesus raising a little girl from dead, the lost sheep, and Jesus calming the storm. Each two page spread contains a few sentences summarizing the story, and a big pop-up picture of a scene from that story.

The pop-up feature is great, in my opinion. While they aren't the most detailed I've ever seen, by any means, they are MUCH nicer than the cheaper pop-up books that are usually only one piece. There's several pieces working together to create the scene. The only issue we've had so far is on the "sheep" scene. The shepherd's cane gets stuck every single time. It's not a huge deal to us, though. We gently move it back in place and all is right. :)

Overall, I definitely recommend it for younger children(with supervision) as a quick, entertaining Bible lesson.

*I was provided a review copy through Kregel Publications in exchange for my honest opinion.

4 comments:

  1. My son loves pop-up books. Now that he is eight, he likes the more sophisticated ones, which cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honest description ("wow factor") there! It's helpful to know. I think pop-up books are GREAT fun but I tend to keep them on the shelf and pull them down on special occasions. Good to know of this one's quality.

    ReplyDelete