Thursday, July 5, 2012

Top 10 Books That Caught My Attention in June

I know this post is later than normal, but I wanted to get it on up anyway.


The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees

I'm hoping to read Little Women this summer. I think this book would be a fun pair-up for the Classic Double Challenge!

Cathy @ Thoughts on Books

*****************************



Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt

Juju @ Tales of Whimsy

******************************



The Pigeon Pie Mystery: A Novel by Julia Stuart

I still haven't read The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise, which was also written by Stuart, but they both look incredibly cute!

******************************



A Promise to Love by Serena Miller

After seeing Serena featured in the latest issue of Christian Woman magazine, I've made it a goal to go back and read all of her work!

******************************




Snow in Summer: Fairest of Them All by Jane Yolen

*****************************




The Saucy Vegetarian by Joanne Stepaniak

I've learned it's easier to eat healthier with a GREAT tasting sauce. I've had a difficult time finding healthy recipes for them, though. The store bought kind is so fattening that it defeats the purpose for me. This book looks very promising!

*****************************




Silver Phoenix: Beyond the Kingdom of Xia by Cindy Pon

******************************




Secret Letters by Leah Sceier

******************************





"Mice of the ..." Series by Tim Davis

I'm reading Pibbin the Small: A Tale of Friendship Bog right now(which I'm loving so far), and Tim is the illustrator for that series. I saw that he has several books out, so I'm curious about those, too.

*My Pibbin cover is different from the one it shows at Amazon, by the way.

*****************************



Moonlight Masquerade by Ruth Axtell

8 comments:

  1. I think they all look interesting.

    I'm very curious to hear what your experience is with The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott (if you have one). I had that one on my radar forever and then I read a review which knocked it off. If you read and like it, I may reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't care for The Lost Summer. I have a LMA bio that may tell me it wasn't a bunch of phooey...but didn't care for it...too modern and sexualized...even if minimally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm checking the book about Louisa May Alcott. Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after hearing all of your thoughts, I probably won't be reading the LMA due to the sexualization of it. That's disappointing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO with you on Silver Phoenix. That has been on my list for like ever now it seems.

    The Pigeon Pie Mystery looks SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...I discovered a few new books reading this list. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silver Phoenix and Moonlight Masquerade sound good.

    ReplyDelete