Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Together on Tuesdays: Favorite Books and Films




Annette and Dorie from This Simple Home and These Grace Filled Days are hosting Together on Tuesdays for the next several weeks.


*I had planned on a more deatailed post, but due to time, I had to get tough with myself!

Absolute favorite books:(I'm going to assume y'all realize The Bible is a given).




Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

Honestly, I could re-read this one right now. LOVE it!



Christy by Catherine Marshall

My grandmother loaned me her copy several years ago, and I loved it. I highly prefer the plain old red hardcover for this book, and I was really excited to find one at a flea market one day. I didn't overly care for the TV show, but it wasn't horrible.

I'm cheating here, but look at the picture at the top of my blog, and you'll see several of my favorites(except those old ones...I just like really old books). They aren't limited to those, though. I've added a few favorites since that picture. She's Got Issues by Nicole Unice is a recent addition.
Married Mom, Solo Parent by Carla Anne Coroy is a must read for any mom. I'm not a solo parent, by the way, even if it feels like it sometimes(That's not a remark towards my husband. He does have to provide for us).

My #1 go to movie:



Pride and Prejudice(2005 version)


I haven't saw the BBC version yet, so I don't know if I like this one over it, but I can pretty much watch this one no matter what mood I'm in.

I've already mentioned recently, but I ADORE comic book movies, too. The Avengers and Thor are two recent additions to my favorites list. White Christmas is also an absolute favorite and Holiday Inn. I love pretty much anything with Audrey Hepburn or Bing Crosby, but I still haven't watched all of their movies. Nanny McPhee and the National Treasure movies. Shrek(2nd is my favorite, 1st is my least). There's so many!

3 comments:

  1. Confession: I haven't read any of the books or seen/read P&P. Not even the ever-popular Christy! But I might give them a go...someday! I'm off to look up Wildwood Dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that version the 2005, we call the short version. It is very, very good, but I have to confess to liking the BBC version slightly better. Seriously, it is worth the five hour, or so, investment, but I am adding the disclaimer/warning for you the Mr Collins character is slightly creepy and 'slimy' in the BBC version, lol. And, I so agree - White Christmas is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. I have vowed never to watch the K. Knightly version. ;D So I can't comment on that. I'm an avowed fan of the BBC version of P&P!

    I read Christy WAY too long ago. I remember liking it (and the tv series, if I may say so) and I wouldn't mind reading that again! I'd forgotten what a great story that was. And if Wildwood Dancing is your favorite, well, then, I've got to read it!

    ReplyDelete