Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Together on Tuesdays: Favorite Recipe




Annette and Dorie from This Simple Home and These Grace Filled Days are hosting Together on Tuesdays for the next several weeks.

This week we're sharing our favorite recipe. I really debated on which one to share. I almost decided on my bean burger recipe, since I'm vegetarian and all. Then I decided, since we're supposed to be getting to know one another, I decide to share my Chocolate Cobbler recipe. Unfortunately, I'm all about some sugary chocolate, and this thing is pretty awesome! But, if you REALLY want to know me, you have to know that I'm not the most organized person. I have great dreams of being organized, and I've made GREAT progress this year in that area, but that doesn't include my recipes. (I did START organizing my recipes, but I've lost that binder somewhere). ;P I know most of them pretty well for winging it, so I usually don't need my old recipes, except when I need to give someone exact measurements. I can't find my Chocolate Cobbler recipe at the moment, though. Lord willing, I'll do another post just so you get the chance to taste it's goodness when I find it.

For today, since I do have my Apple Dumpling recipe handy(which is a miracle, I tell you!), and it's my most requested dish for gatherings of any sort, that's the one you'll get. I honestly don't know where it came from, but I assure you it is not one of my creations!

Apple Dumplings

4-6 peeled and sliced apples
1 cup water
1 cup Bisquick(I've tried several different substitutions here, and Bisquick just tastes WAY better).
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 T cinnamon

Mix apples, bisquick, and milk in 9x13 baking dish. (It's easier to mix the bisquick and milk separately and then kind of drop it in spots on the apples). Bring water, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil, then pour over apples mix. Bake @ 425 for 25 minutes.

So simple, but really good. I'm usually not a "baked apple" fan either!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love apple dumplings. I've been known to eat one for a meal! Now, my mouth is watering thinking about one. I so should have ate lunch before I read this, lol. I would definitely be interested in reading your chocolate cobbler recipe - it sounds intriguing, and since I like both chocolate and cobbler, sounds tasty, though I've never had the two together. {To answer your question about shoefly pie - Shoefly pie is I think a Pennsylvania Dutch kind of dessert. Made with molasses, and oh so tasty!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty!! My recipes are one of the few things that actually remain organized!

    This sounds great! I love apples. Thank you!

    I have tried to make pancake mix from scratch, and thought I had a recipe for it...but my husband wants me to continue with the Bisquick. I can think of worse things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I love how much I feel like I got to know you better through your post! HA! (And I'd like your bean burger recipe, please!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is a big fan of fruit deserts, so he'd probably like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a black bean burger at a restaurant tonight and it was delicious! I'd love your recipe. ( My recipes are a mess, too. Your apple dumplings sound wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Quick question: DO you recommend serving it warm? How is it as leftovers??

    Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's way better warm! I don't overly care for it as leftovers, but I've never tried freezing it to see how it does that way. We do usually end up with leftovers, and we eat it for breakfast. It's not horrible, but it's definitely better freshly made. :)

      Happy Independence Day to y'all, too! :)

      Delete