Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #13


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

I missed last week, so I'm combining the last two weeks.





1. A trip to the lake.

Well, to us, it's just called "the lake". Most all of Jonathan's family was there, so we enjoyed spending time with them. The boys got to play in the water, ride in a boat, and play at the playground that's up there.

2. My cell phone has been located.

3 weeks! It was lost for 3 weeks inside our house. One morning as I was fixing my hair, I saw Firefly's little hand sneak up to grab my phone off the counter. I had mousse all over my hands, so I figured he could play with it a few minutes to keep him occupied and happy(it was locked, so no dialing). When we got ready to leave, I couldn't find it. The next morning, I heard my phone alarm going off, but it wasn't loud enough to wake the boys up, so I ignored it. I should have gotten up with or without sleep, because after that apparently the battery died. And, every time I tried to call it before that, it went straight to voicemail. We just about tore the house apart looking for that thing. Curious where it was at? Stuffed inside a contact solution box. We keep our HBA "stockpile" inside the walk-in closet right next to that particular bathroom I was in. Firefly is a sneaky little booger. ;)

3. Jonathan doesn't mind shopping.

We do the whole couponing thing around here. The stores that we do the best with(Publix and CVS) aren't close to where we live in order for me to do the shopping. They are close to where Jonathan works, though. I make the list and gather the coupons needed, and when he gets off, he does the shopping. This sometimes gets him home an hour or two later. I really do appreciate the fact that he does it, though. I know he's tired and ready to get home when he finally gets off.

4. 10 cent books!

The ARC store is having all of their books for 10 cents each for the past few weeks. I've snagged quite a few. Just this week, among several others, I found a cow book for Grasshopper. Needless to say, he was excited. I was pretty excited to find another one of the "Little House" books for when I finally get to those.

5. A day out at the park.

We all went to the park to play at the "splash pad", have a picnic, and play at the playground. We cooled off with a snow cone. One duck even showed up for a little leftover biscuit.
It makes me incredibly happy that the boys' grandparents are willing to spend time with them! They even got to see one of their aunts and two cousins. It was a fun day!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for finding your ell phone! That sounds like something that would happen around here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG thank goodness you found your cell!

    Yay for help with shopping.

    Whats the ARC store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ARC(not sure what it stands for) is a place for mentally ill people to live. It's kind of like an assisted living facility, I think. They have a store that benefits the ARC. Many of the workers are people who live at the ARC and all the proceeds go to benefit them. It's pretty much a thrift store. Everything inside has been donated. Sadly, I'm not sure if this is nationwide or not. I know it's at different places throughout my state at least.

      Delete
  3. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but the lost cell phone story will probably be one you'll laugh about in years to come. I've gotten so dependent on mine, it would be torture to be without it that long. I'm glad you found it!

    The lake outing and splash pad sound so fun this time if year.

    Wow. I am super impressed that your husband would deal with all the coupons.

    Book bargains are great favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved going to the lake as a kid...so much more refreshing than the ocean...although i do love waves.
    love big book deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great family time at the lake.

    Good for your hubby for doing the shopping like that. That is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip to the lake sounds GREAT! Congratulations also on finding your cell phone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh about your phone! Glad you found it.

    And 10 cent books? Sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete