Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in April

If I see a book that interests me at all, I automatically put it on my wishlist at Paperbackswap, just to set my place in line. Most of them end up getting taken off after a bit more looking around at what it's about, or content. This was a BIG month for my wishlist! I ended up adding quite a few books, so it was an especially hard month to narrow down to 10.

If y'all have any reviews or thoughts at all about any of these books, please feel free to leave your link in the comments! I'd love to see more thoughts on them. Also, if you ever feel that there's a book I wouldn't like due to content, I'd love to know. :)





Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Rebecca @ A Word's Worth



Lady of Devices by Shelley Adina

Best I remember, I've never read a "steampunk" novel. I'm curious!

Renee @ Black 'n Gold Girl's Book Spot



The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Charlotte @ Charlotte's Library

Emily @ Homespun Light



Legacy by Cayla Kluver

Heather @ Goodreads(As far as I know she doesn't have a blog, so that link takes you to Goodreads)



The Agency Series by Y.S. Lee

The Agency 1: A Spy in the House

The Agency 2: The Body at the Tower

The Agency 3: The Traitor in the Tunnel


This month I was reminded that I want to read these books. They do look a little creepier than I might like, but I'm still curious enough to try them.

One Librarian's Book Reviews



Proverbs: Wisdom that Works by Raymond C. Ortlund Jr.

Carrie @ Reading to Know



I don't remember where I saw the rest of these. (Amazon, maybe?)






Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

Come on! How can I resist this one?! Put a pretty blue dress on a cover, and I'm all about it. It is about time travel, though, which I love.




The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Doesn't it look fun?!




Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier

It's a goal of mine to read ALL of Juliet's books!



Circle of Cranes by Annette Lebox

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I am curious about the Agency books! Hadn't heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the first two are really good. I haven't heard anything about the 3rd one yet.

      Delete
  2. I love the Circle of Cranes and Lady of Devices covers. Will you be reviewing these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any of those books in my hands at the moment, but if I have an opportunity to read them, I won't be able to resist. :) I'm hoping a couple of them come up for review on the Amazon Vine list.

      Delete
  3. Definitely liked Kerstin Gier's books - but start with Ruby Red before you pick up Sapphire Blue. Thanks for the shout-out and hope you get to the Agency series soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks! I had no idea that Ruby Red was the 1st book. I only remember seeing the "plainer" cover, so I didn't connect the author's name. I'll definitely pick it up first!

      Delete
  4. Sapphire Blue looks good.
    http://theultimatestarwarsblog.blogspot.com/ (That's my new blog. I still have the old one, too.) http://need2read9.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really rather LOVE The Agency books! I didn't realize the third was out! Woo hoO!

    ReplyDelete