I have been "Tagged" by Need2Read. Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. You must post 11 fun facts about yourself in the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and set up 11 more questions for those you've tagged.
4. Tag 11 new bloggers (be sure to hyperlink their names).
5. Let the tagged people know you've tagged them.
6. Have fun!
My eleven "Fun" Facts:(If you've been around my blog very long, you probably already know a few of these).
1. I've been a vegetarian for over 13 years(almost 14).
2. I'm left-handed.
3. I used to do Native American dancing in my early 20s. I was horrible at it, but I really miss the whole atmosphere of pow-wows.
4. I'm a big "comic book" movie fan. I'm not a "comic-book-reading" kind of girl, but I ADORE the movies! For our anniversary, Jonathan and I were going to go see The Avengers last Saturday. I was hugely disappointed when babysitting arrangements fell through. It was for the best, though, because I got almost no sleep at all while up with Firefly. He got sick late Friday night. Grasshopper got sick late Saturday night. (Still dealing with all that). :P Lord willing, we're going to see it this Saturday, though.
5. In general, I highly prefer a male voice when it comes to singing and audio books. But, in general, I prefer the writing of female authors. Of course, there are many exceptions to both of those.
6. I don't like fingernails! On my first date with Jonathan, I looked at his fingernails. Thankfully, they were short, or we'd never have been married. Sad, but true! ;)
7. I collect vintage "pop-up" books, and specialty books(like scratch and sniff). I don't limit them to vintage, but that's all I've got so far(with one exception). I've actually decided to do a series on my blog about my collection.
8. Pizza is my all-time favorite food. I like pizza more than I like chocolate, so that's saying something. When I moved off to go to college, I ate pizza almost everyday. Being a vegetarian, there were very few choices in the take-out food center. I pretty much swapped between cheese pizza and a peanut butter smoothie. Real healthy, huh?!
9. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 17. I only got it then, so I could drive to work. I failed my driver's test 3 times, but got it on my 5th attempt(I wasn't able to take it one time I went). I don't like driving.
10. I suffer from nightmares regularly. They are worst during naps. The slightest thing sets them off, so I'm really careful about what I watch and read. Even posts from fellow bloggers cause nightmares. (Ahem....burnt chicken ring a bell anyone?) ;)
11. I love being out in nature.....as long as I'm not directly in the sun sweating and burning.... and the bugs aren't eating me up. Put me under a shade tree, though, and I'm a happy camper!
My questions to answer:
1.Who is your favorite character from a movie (and from which movie)?
Batman has always been my favorite! He doesn't actually have any superpowers, but relies on his own strength and skill. Wolverine and Thor are pretty awesome, too, though. When thinking about several of my favorite characters and movies, I've realized that apparently I'm drawn to the arrogant ones(that also have a good heart).
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas. The smells of Christmas just bring a warmth to me. It's a season that seems to bring out the best in most people. I wish the generosity of this season could be bottled up and distributed throughout the whole year! I think the world would be a better place then. :) (Ha! While proofreading, I realized that sounds like a "Miss America" answer, which means...quite corny. I'll leave it, though).
3. Who is you favorite music artist/group/composer?
Off the top of my head, I'm going to say Bing Crosby and Michael Buble.
4. If you were an animal, which one would you be (mythical animals included)?
A white tiger. Tigers are some of THE most beautiful of God's creations, in my opinion. I could just stare at them all day. They mesmerize me. Next time you go to the zoo, really look at them!
5. What is your favorite vacation spot?
It's been so long since I've been on vacation, I don't know! In my younger days, my family would always go to the beach during off season. We went once during the summer and saw so much skin, we never did that again. ;) I've really been wanting to plan a mountain vacation soon, though.
6. If you could be a character from a book or movie, who would you be?
I could use a few of Nanny McPhee's character traits. That's one of my favorite movies ever, even if I could have done without a couple of scenes.
7. If you had a theme song which one would it be?
Wow, this one is hard! My first instinct is to say, "Blue", but the lyrics really don't describe me. Sorry, I can't really think of one, and I've been thinking hard.
8. Where do you go to get inspiration (for writing, drawing, etc.) and what music do you listen to (if any)?
I really don't listen to much music. The sounds of nature are my biggest inspiration. Closing my eyes and listening to the wind blowing through the trees is such an awesome sound!
9. What book has taught you the best lesson?
Besides the obvious answer of the Bible, which has taught me MANY lessons, I'll say The Beautiful Wife AND Married Mom, Solo Parent AND Choosing Gratitude. I can't seem to pick one.
10.What is your most vivid childhood memory?
I've already told this story before, but....My Strawberry Shortcake birthday party(which was just me, my parents, and siblings). I wanted EVERYTHING strawberry....cake, frosting, ice cream. I got sick, and to this day, I HATE all things that are strawberry flavored(real strawberries are excluded from that...love those!)
11. What is you favorite series of movies?
Aside from MOST of the comic book movies(which I can't pick just one that I love the most), I'll go with Shrek. The 2nd one was my favorite, the 1st was my least.
Question for my tagged bloggers to answer:
Some of these are roll-overs.
1. What is something that never fails to make you laugh?
2. If you could meet any FICTIONAL character from a book/movie, who would it be?
3. What's your #1 "go-to" movie?
4. What is your comfort food?
5. You get to grab 2 books(in addition to your Bible) off your shelf. These are the only books you will have for the next year. What do you grab?
6. Who is you favorite music artist/group/composer?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. You get to step inside any book for a day. What book would you pick?
9. You get one super power. What do you pick?
10. What is one thing you never leave home without(besides wallet and keys...and kids, if you have those)?
11. What is the closest thing to a phobia you have? (spiders, clowns, etc)
I'm guessing some of y'all won't want to do this, but I'm going to tag you anyway. If you don't want to, I take no offense. :) I'll leave it up to y'all, though.
-Amber @ Seasons of Humility
-Annette @ This Simple Home
-Carrie @ Reading to Know or Living Like a Narnian
-Renee @ Black and Gold Girl's Book Spot
-Faye @ Labor Not in Vain
-Kathryn @ Clean Teen Reads
-Katie @ Legacy of a Writer
-Juju @ Tales of Whimsy
-Christy @ Southern Sassy Things
-Margaret @ Creative Madness Momma
-Melissa @ One Librarian's Book Reviews