Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #11


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

1. Summer Break for Grasshopper.

I really hate that he missed the last 2 weeks of school, though. Apparently, when Firefly went to get his shots, we all picked up something different. I guess we've been passing it around to each other. As soon as one of us get better, another round hits. Fevers and tissues and pain relievers have been abundant around our house the past couple of weeks. We're still very blessed, though, and I'm quite excited about summer break! :)

2. A date with Jonathan.

We didn't get to go out on our anniversary, so we postponed plans for a week. Last Saturday,(when it actually seemed the boys were mostly better) my parents watched them while we ate out and went to the movies. We ate at The Iguana Grill, which was the first time for us. We learned that it has an awesome atmosphere, but the food wasn't the best. It was still good, though, especially since I didn't have to cook it. We also watched The Avengers, which we both LOVED! (I'll post my full thoughts on it soon, Lord willing).

3. A new shade tree planted on our anniversary.

This should have actually been on last week's post, but I didn't post then, so I'm rolling it over. We're in desperate need of some shade in our backyard, so for our anniversary(on the 5th), we planted a new tree. Well, Jonathan planted it and I watched and took pictures. :) It's suppose to be fast growing and I'm pretty excited about it.

4. A new nephew.

That makes 7 nephews and still 1 niece. With all the sickness around here, we've kept our distance, so I haven't met him yet. Soon, though, hopefully.

5. Books.

I know this one is probably pretty obvious for me. They provide SUCH encouragement, though(sometimes with a bit of guilt). ;) I love reading a good book and getting a whole new outlook on certain Bible verses or subjects. One certain book I've read lately has caused me to search through verses researching a subject I thought I knew well. It's caused deeper study, and that's always a good thing!

******If you haven't entered my Blogoversary Giveaway yet, make sure you do! It ends Monday night(Tuesday morning) @ midnight. I know of at least one comment that was lost in the system, so make sure if you entered that your comment made it through. (I'll try to post a reminder for that on Monday to make sure everybody sees it).

5 comments:

  1. 7 nephews and only 1 niece! Wow!

    I love the idea of planting a shade tree on your anniversary. So sweet.

    And books? They could be on my list every single week! I'm an English teacher, and I love finding truth in the classics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all!! Esp. the date. And the anniversary tree. And summer vacation. Well, I just like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your family hasn't been feeling well. Hopefully you're all on the mend now.

    What a great list. Love the idea of an anniversary tree. And I'm with Laura, books could be on my list every week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE books!! Like Laura and Susanne I could probably put reading or books on my faves list every single week! That is such a neat idea to plant a tree on your anniversary! I received a pear tree from my 13 yr old (and hubby) for mother's day.....it was so special! A tree is a great reminder of the event every time you look at it:) happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete