Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #9


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.




1. It's bittersweet to see those birthdays come and go, but I'm glad Firefly's party is done. It took SO much preparation, and still ended up being the most unorganized mess I've ever seen. That's okay, though! I think it MAY have been our last birthday party of that size. I think we've decided to keep the next ones more for just us. I think we'll enjoy it more and it will be less stressful AND less expensive!

2. Jonathan made some cake batter ice cream for the party and it was DELICIOUS!

3. No more formula for Firefly AND a "big boy" seat!

We went to formula exclusively at about 5 months, and I was happy to see that day! Formula was so much easier. Now it's even easier to pour that whole milk in a bottle or sippy cup and be done with it! Once again, it's bittersweet seeing our babies grow up, but when certain chores get a bit easier, I can't help but rejoice. I did learn on Thursday that the "big boy" seat does make things harder when I have to wake a sleeping baby to get out somewhere, though.

4. We all went to the zoo with my parents on Tuesday. (yay for half-price day!) Grasshopper had so much fun. He actually understood what he was looking at this time, and he got to ride the train, which was the highlight of his day.

5. My "blue" rose bush(it's actually lavender in color) has never really did that well. A few days ago, a rose actually bloomed out quite pretty. That night the rain tore it apart. I do have hope that there will be more! Earlier today I noticed my orange rose bush has a bloom that's opened, and it's pretty, too. :) I just don't have a picture of it yet.

12 comments:

  1. -Gorgeous rose!
    -I can't wait till Baby Whimsy is on whole milk. Her formula is hypoallergenic and sooo pricey.
    -Sweet cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart! We had to use the sensitive kind, but it's not any more expensive.

      Thank you! It wasn't what I had in mind, but I guess it did it's job. ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Firefly!

    Yes, I agree with you that it is bittersweet to see our kids growing up, but then again it's also a tremendous joy (for any variety of reasons!)

    Lovely rose.

    And I hope YOU, my dear, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a tremendous joy!

      Thank you! YOU have a lovely weekend, too. :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see that orange rose. A sweet, beautiful ephemeral bloom on that lavender rose, huh? Sounds lovely.

    I know what you mean about that bittersweet feeling. With four boys, I had many of those. Sounds like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to get a picture of it today, and I forgot. Lord willing, I'll get it tomorrow. I don't have a green thumb in the slightest, so when something actually blooms, it's very exciting. :)

      Delete
  4. I can sooo relate to the bittersweet feelings...i have 2 daughters and we just brought our oldest to college last fall for the very first time...talk about bittersweet..and yay for pretty blooms! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember my parents leaving me at college! There were many tears on both sides.

      You have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  5. I'm sure Firefly did not know there was any disorganization only fun! Happy birthday to him! The ice cream sounds delicious.

    The zoo sounds like so much fun. I used to love taking my kids when they were little and seeing their big eyes when they saw the animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Last time we went Grasshopper just didn't see what the big deal was(best I remember), but he really enjoyed himself this time.

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet post!

    We don't really do birthday parties. But someday I want to have at least a friend or two join us for cake and such.

    You'll have to share soon about how you named your blog/yourself. :) Pretty rose!

    Have a great weekend...and savor these bittersweet moments. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I never had a big birthday party(other than with my parents and brother and sister)growing up. I see why now! ;) It was very special just having cake and ice cream with my family!

      It's been so long since I came up with Bluerose(back in college) that I don't remember HOW I came up with it. :P Pretty sad, huh?!

      Delete