Friday, April 27, 2012
Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.
1. It's bittersweet to see those birthdays come and go, but I'm glad Firefly's party is done. It took SO much preparation, and still ended up being the most unorganized mess I've ever seen. That's okay, though! I think it MAY have been our last birthday party of that size. I think we've decided to keep the next ones more for just us. I think we'll enjoy it more and it will be less stressful AND less expensive!
2. Jonathan made some cake batter ice cream for the party and it was DELICIOUS!
3. No more formula for Firefly AND a "big boy" seat!
We went to formula exclusively at about 5 months, and I was happy to see that day! Formula was so much easier. Now it's even easier to pour that whole milk in a bottle or sippy cup and be done with it! Once again, it's bittersweet seeing our babies grow up, but when certain chores get a bit easier, I can't help but rejoice. I did learn on Thursday that the "big boy" seat does make things harder when I have to wake a sleeping baby to get out somewhere, though.
4. We all went to the zoo with my parents on Tuesday. (yay for half-price day!) Grasshopper had so much fun. He actually understood what he was looking at this time, and he got to ride the train, which was the highlight of his day.
5. My "blue" rose bush(it's actually lavender in color) has never really did that well. A few days ago, a rose actually bloomed out quite pretty. That night the rain tore it apart. I do have hope that there will be more! Earlier today I noticed my orange rose bush has a bloom that's opened, and it's pretty, too. :) I just don't have a picture of it yet.