Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #8: Special Firefly Edition


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story.


Today is my little Firefly's 1st birthday. We have been SO incredibly blessed with his life this past year. This week I'm going to list a few of my favorite things about him.

1. He's such a little clown!

He loves to make us all laugh, but especially his big brother. If he discovers something that does gets laughing out of Grasshopper, he keeps it up. It wasn't until this past Sunday that he realized when he walks, he gets lots of laughs, so he finally started walking. He still prefers crawling, but with lots of encouragement and laughing, he will walk.

2. His blue eyes.

Jonathan has dark hair and dark hazel eyes, and I also have dark hair and hazel eyes. Grasshopper got the dark curly hair and pure brown eyes. Imagine our surprise when Firefly kept his blue eyes! We kept expecting them to change, and finally asked our pediatrician about it. Those baby blues are keepers....hopefully!

3. His precious laugh.

I love the way he crinkles up his nose, and kind of snorts/sniffs as he laughs. If he's holding on to something, he will throw his head back and laugh hysterically. It always makes me laugh in return.





4. His fuzzy, barely there, blond hair.

His hair is taking it's sweet time, and that's okay. It's just barely long enough to stick up a little after a bath or nap, and it always makes me smile.

5. Crossing his ankles.

Whenever he's in the highchair eating, he has to cross his legs at the ankles. Whenever they're not crossing, he's constantly moving them about. This is a trait that both my boys have taken after me, much to Jonathan's horror.

Bonus: Oh, how he loves his big brother! He's always watched him like a hawk

I'm sure I don't have to tell you there's plenty more that I adore about both my boys!

Tomorrow, we celebrate with a "Spring" themed family/friends birthday party. It has been one BUSY week for this exhausted momma, so next week I hope to tell you we had a very relaxing week!

4 comments:

  1. Awww that's wonderful. What a little cutie pie!

    I hope next Friday we get to see some pictures of his party.

    :) Happy weekend. And happy birthday to your beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell you...E was nearly 3 when his eyes changed from blue to green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.....you just broke my heart!

      Delete