Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #7


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

1. No growth hormones for now.

Grasshopper had to go back to Children's a couple of weeks ago for more tests. We got those results back this week, and the hormone they were looking at was actually on the low side of normal. So, we continue with a high calorie diet for now. If things keep going the way they are, we have no doubt he will eventually need them. We're in no hurry, though. He's 3 1/2 and only 21 pounds, 32 inches tall. He's not growing much! We pack calories in his food, so there's nothing else we can do. We also know that if God wants to give him a growth spurt, He will, and then Grasshopper won't need those growth hormones. :) Even when he was in the NICU, growth was one of his biggest issues.

2. My new glasses.

I've worn contacts for years, and still HIGHLY prefer them. My allergies have been HORRIBLE lately, though, and they go straight to my eyes. I feel like they're being pushed out of my head. Most the time, I just can't bear to have the contacts in my eyes while dealing with the allergies. So, it was WAY past time for my glasses to get renewed. As much as a prefer my contacts, my glasses have been wonderful the past couple of months!

3. Allergy medicine!

My allergies could be MUCH worse without these wonderful pills. :)

4. To Do List

I've let little things accumulate on my to-do list for too long. This week I started marking several of those things off. One of my favorites was to mark off clearing out e-mails from one of my addresses(I have two). I won't even tell you how ridiculous it had gotten. It feels SO incredibly great to have them cleared out and organized!

5. This peanut butter cookie recipe!

Jonathan likes his cookies to taste like sugar and peanut butter mixed together. I like mine to have a flour texture. We've never agreed on peanut butter cookies until this recipe. It is AWESOME!

6 comments:

  1. I can identify with the allergies going straight to the eyes, I had to stop wearing contacts also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it horrible?! I miss my contacts, but I'm glad I have another option.

      Delete
  2. My allergies use to agitate my contacts so I can totally relate. I had corrective surgery (Lasik) a very years ago.

    Good for you for opting against the hormones. You're right. If God wants the growth, it will come.

    I find doctors these days are too concerned with height and weight requirements. Pish posh I say. Each child is an individual and will grow at his or her pace. Good luck.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hoping to delay it as long as possible. They have to do some intense testing before the hormones, so they(and us) want to wait as long as possible for all that. I'm praying for natural growth, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Baby girl is 21 pounds so I have a vision. Well, I'm glad that he doens't need the hormones now and - you are absolutely correct - God will give him the growth spurt he needs when he needs it (even perhaps if it is through the use of hormones!)

    Hurray for accomplishing To Do lists. I know exactly what you mean.

    I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firefly is a few inches shorter, but he outweighs big brother already. :P

      Thank you! I hope y'all have a great, relaxing weekend, too.

      Delete