Friday, March 16, 2012

More Beauty, Less Beast: Transforming Your Inner Ogre by Debora Coty


Barbour Books (March 1, 2012) 224 pages

My Thoughts:

More Beauty, Less Beast is a fun, humorous devotional book! There are 34 devotionals, and I'm amazed at the HUGE lesson each one offers in the midst of such humor! They're each very short, so perfect for grabbing a lesson here and there. I read a couple of them while standing by the stove.

This is not a devotional I would recommend to everyone! I did laugh and learn throughout the pages, but there are some things to dislike about the writing style. I cringed every time the author called the Lord, "Papa God".

I did mostly like it, though, and I enjoyed a change in pace in my reading!

*Thanks to Barbour and Litfuse Publicity for my review copy in exchange for my honest opinion!

Click HERE to see what others on the tour are saying.

About Debora:

Debora Coty is an occupational therapist, a piano teacher, and a freelance writer. She's also involved in the children's ministry at her church and is an avid tennis player. Debora began writing to fill the void when her last child left for college, and it has since become a passion. Debora has a real knack for getting across sound biblical concepts with a refreshing lightheartedness as attested in her monthly newspaper column entitled "Grace Notes: God's Grace for Everyday Living."

Visit www.deboracoty.com for more about Debora and her books.

"Divine Beauty" Facebook Party & $150 Visa Cash Card Giveaway!


Enter Today and Save the Date-3/22!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute but the Papa God thing creeps me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On this one, I don't think I could take the light hearted phrasing of God's name. That would drive me up. the. wall. (It's so The Shack.) I think the title is humorous though and I sorta think I could stand to be a little more beauty and less beast-like myself!

    ReplyDelete