Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday's Fave Five #5




Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.


1. Visiting with my parents

Monday, after Grasshopper's appointment, we decided to go visit my parents. (Mainly because the whole trip, he somehow thought that's where we were going. ?? He kept crying "Poppa, Nana, Coco-which is what he calls their little dog, Taco). We had fun visiting and walking through my daddy's garden. I came home all pumped up to get going with our own, but was met with less than an enthusiastic response. ;)

Wednesday, while Grasshopper was in school, I took Firefly to visit them. I'm very excited that Firefly is warming up to them. He's not quite as clingy right now.


2. Blueberries and walnuts from my parents

I was very excited to bring home some blueberries and walnuts! I tried a couple of new recipes from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks. Blueberry-Orange Muffin! DELICIOUS!!!! I also made some Banana Nut Muffins for the freezer, but they were so awful, I was forced to throw them to the dogs.


3. Getting more serious about less processed foods

We've really purged our kitchen and it's made me want to cook more. I even made granola "bars" this week. They turned out much softer than I want, but I will try again. It was still perfectly edible with a spoon! ;) After eating it, though, I tried a bite of the store bought kind to compare taste. Homemade food is SUCH a blessing! There's no turning back now.


4. Psalm 91

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.'

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day.
Nor the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone,
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

Because he has set his love upon Me,
therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him,
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him my salvation."
Isn't that comforting?!

5. Grasshopper singing my made-up songs

I'm bad about making up nonsense songs. I took after my momma on that! It just makes me smile to hear Grasshopper singing these songs. Whenever I'm in the kitchen, or another room, I can usually hear him singing something. One of my favorite things in the world is to hear ANY child singing! It really puts Heaven into perspective for me.

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet list!! Parents, less clingy, good food, and singing sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 91 has always been my favorite Psalm. It IS comforting!! I, too, am looking forward to the garden. Your muffins sound yummy. Sorry the banana muffins didn't come out good. We don't buy any processed food. We grow and raise a good portion of our own. Very hard to go back once you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made up songs? How sweeet!

    Blueberries and walnuts? YUMMERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homegrown blueberries and walnuts? What a blessing. I bet they'd be good in those homemade granola bars.

    Love kids singing especially their own little ditties! Brings a smile every time.

    Psalm 91 is comforting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are finding some wonderful successes among the trial and error of new recipes :-) Your little one singing your songs -- so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your food endeavors!!!

    Thank you for posting that portion of scripture. I have been faltering in my faith that I'll be protected of late and I sat here and read slowly through that and it filled me with God-confidence! Thank you for ministering to me in this way.

    ReplyDelete