Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble


Thomas Nelson (February 14, 2012) 320 pages

My Thoughts:

This is the second book I've read by Colleen now. I'd definitely label her as a suspenseful romance author. Looking at some of the covers, the suspenseful part might come as a surprise.

Blue Moon Promise is a marriage of convenience story. Lucy's dad has recently passed away and her stepmother has ran away. She's left taking care of her brother and sister on her own. When she discovers that they are in danger, she takes an offer for marriage, in order to keep her family together.
When Nate learns his father has married him off to a complete stranger through proxy, he isn't happy. Lucy and Nate agree to at least attempt to make it work, though. Blue Moon Promise is about their attempt at finding love, and escaping danger.

"I haven't known you long, but I can see you are the sort of person who quickly takes charge of things. While I heartily endorse such courage, you can fall into the trap of thinking you are in control. Do not forget that God does with us as He wills." (Mrs. Walker to Lucy, page 27)

I liked it. It kept me entertained and turning the pages, and ended up being a very quick, enjoyable read. I'm very curious if Margaret will get a story of her own. I'm guessing the next book will be about Nate's brother, Roger, but we'll see! I tried looking it up, and couldn't find anything.

If you like a bit of suspense, romance, and historical marriage of convenience stories, definitely give this one a try.

*I was provided a review copy through the Booksneeze program in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment