Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Fave Five(February 24th, 2012)



Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Living to Tell the Story. It's a great way for me to stay on the positive side, and remember both the big and little blessings in life.

1. A relatively good report for Firefly!
Bless his heart. He's had a rough few weeks. Just as we thought he was better, he started having fever. He just felt awful. We were scared he'd ended up with pneumonia, so we got worked in this morning at his pediatrician's office. It's almost a miracle for all four of us to make it out of the house by 7:45! I'm also grateful Jonathan was off work, so he could go with us! (The boys' pediatrician is about an hour away). As much as I sometimes hate Jonathan's schedule, it's times like these that remind me how much there is to love about it!
Firefly has a mild ear infection, but the fever is most likely just caused by a new virus. He's on antibiotics for a little while, but it could have been MUCH worse, and we're all grateful it wasn't.

2. Grasshopper laughing in his sleep.
He sometimes starts giggling like someone is holding him down and tickling him. It always makes me smile. :)

3. Jonathan's supper.
One day this past week, I got Firefly to sleep, and thought Grasshopper was one his way, so I went upstairs to read. I ended up falling asleep, and when I woke up Jonathan was cooking supper. Cornbread, turnip greens, and purple hull peas....Southern food at it's best! (Another reminder of the benefits of Jonathan's schedule. Can you tell I'm working hard to remember the benefits?) ;)

4. My Mother-in-law babysitting.
Monday, Jonathan and I needed to go out of town, but with Firefly still sick, we didn't want to get him out. She came over to our house(about 30 minutes each way) to stay with both boys, and I'm incredibly grateful!

5. Simplifying!
We've been majorly purging our house especially in the past few weeks. We still have so much more to do, but it feels great getting rid of so much STUFF! We're getting to LIVE more in our house without so many extra things.

10 comments:

  1. I like everything on your list. (I hear you on needing to remember the blessing of the husband's work schedule even when it IS a blessing. That sentence makes sense. Really.) ;)

    So sorry to hear about Firefly! YIKES! Will be praying he improves quickly and totally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Our schedule really is a blessing!!

      Firefly has acted like he feels much better already! Apparently, he just wanted a trip to the doctor. ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome blessings! My MIL and purging are huge blessings too! Hope you all get and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're keeping me motivated with purging! :)

      Delete
  3. It is sooooo precious to hear our children laugh in their sleep. I remember when mine were little and did that. It also made me smile every time too!

    What a precious husband to cook up dinner. I've never eaten cooked turnip greens (I've had them raw in a smoothie) and purple hull peas, but they sound like comfort food especially served with the cornbread!
    I hope your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite things EVER! :)

      Never eaten cooked turnip greens or purple hull peas?!!!! Oh, I can't imagine!! ;)

      Delete
  4. So glad your son is getting better....yay for the miracle of antibiotics, huh?? I've never had what your hubby made..sounds interesting...I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love purging.

    Yay husband!

    I adore when my little Baby Whimsy smiles in her sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing to have hubby cooking supper when you woke up! Truly a blessing.

    Awww, to your little one giggling in their sleep. That is adorable.

    I've been in a purging mode since last summer. Feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge lover of simplifying so I'm saying "Yay" for your #5. And I'm hope your little one is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete