Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lucy Maud Montgomery Challenge Wrap-Up

L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge


Well.... I didn't finish Anne of Avonlea. To be honest, I barely got started on it! There's been so many review books I just couldn't seem to pass up lately. I still passed on WAY more than I accepted. I DO have a little self control with books. (only a little, though). ;) I've tried to make sure I've kept them read as they come in, though. From now on, I think I'll stick to only committing to one book per challenge.
I'm thrilled that I've finally read Anne of Green Gables, regardless! I remember back before I started reviewing books(Well, not reviewing, but just telling my thoughts about a book, as one author put it), I would find a book I loved and would quickly make my way through the entire series. Sometimes, I miss those days! I do love getting books that I already want to read for free, though! No complaints here. If I had read Anne of Green Gables in those days, though, it would be a series that I read through quickly!

You may remember I also wanted to watch both versions of the Anne movies. Annette watched the older version(her review HERE), and I decided I'd rather spend my time elsewhere. :) I didn't get a hold of a DVD version of the newer Anne movie, so I didn't watch them, either.

For those of you who haven't kept up with the challenge, and love Anne, you have to see this post! Carrie(the challenge host), hosted an Anne of Green Gables Brunch. This is such a FUN idea!!!!! My mind is just twirling with possibilities now! :)

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen the older version Annette mentioned watching, but if you ever get a chance to see the first two Anne movies starring Megan Follows I recommend them. Anne is a little different than she is in the books, Gilbert isn't cast very well (I think), and in the sequel they change the story around, but otherwise they are really delightful films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely did the challenge two movies and a picture book, but I only wrote about the one movie. Time is flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey-
    I watched the first two movies last year, but after reading the book, I really want to watch them again! :)

    Annette-
    I know! Time just keeps getting away from me! I can't believe it's already February.

    ReplyDelete