Wednesday, December 21, 2011

God Gave Us Two by Lisa Tawn Bergren


WaterBrook Press (September 18, 2001) 40 pages

Description from Amazon:

Now that Mama polar bear has another baby in her tummy, Little Cub is bursting with curiosity. “Why do we need a new baby?” she asks. “If we don’t like the new baby, can we send it back?”
“Will you forget me when the new baby comes?”
Gently and lovingly, Mama and Papa assure their firstborn that the new baby is a gift from God they want very much, just as Little Cub was–and still is.
“God gave us you. Now he’s given us two!”
The winsome sequel to God Gave Us You, God Gave Us Two playfully affirms a child’s uniqueness and place in the family and helps little ones accept, appreciate, and love their new siblings.


My Review:

I really like this series! They're just cute and sweet, and they teach a lesson at the same time. You may remember there was one of them I didn't care for. I just thought it was a little odd, but I've very much enjoyed the other two I've read. I can't wait to add this whole series to our book collection.

I think Lisa has really captured what a great deal of older siblings are feeling when they are anticipating a new little brother or sister!

"Papa helped Little Cub dress for church. "Papa," she said, "if we don't like the new baby, can we send it back?"
"No, Little Cub. You don't send back a gift from God. He gave us you. Now he's given us two!"

I think this is a great book for families expecting new little ones, or have recently added a new little one!

*I was provided a review copy from WaterBrook Multnomah in exchange for my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I am itching to get my hands on this series. Just itching. Great review.

    ReplyDelete