Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in November

November's list of books has probably been the hardest for me to narrow down to only 10. I've saw so many great books this month, and my reading list has expanded a great bit! It hasn't helped that I've started shopping around for Christmas presents, and have found even more that I want to read.

I really wanted to start giving links to posts that made me want to read a book, but I'm not going to this month. Sorry y'all! I'm trying to hurry and whip this post up before the end of the day. Between trying to catch a few online deals the past few days(there were some great ones!!) and being sick the past week, I've gotten behind on reviews and reading. I almost never get sick, which I am beyond grateful for, but when I do, I pay for it! Here goes, though:



Something to Hold by Katherine Schlick Noe

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this one. I've been looking around for Native American fiction, and this one looks promising.



Child of the Mountains by Marilyn Sue Shank

This one doesn't come out until April 2012, but I'm excited about it, too.



Bomba the Jungle Boy by Roy Rockwood

This one seems to be out of print, but if I ever luck up and find it at a used store, I'll snatch it up!



May B. by Caroline Rose



The Woman Who Heard Color by Kelly Jones




Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu



The Reluctant Prophet by Nancy Rue



The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt: A Novel in Pictures by Caroline Preston



Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

These days I'm very hesitant to pick up YA fiction, unless I know it's clean. I saw a review that of this one that really intrigued me, but I don't know much about it. If you've read it, let me know if it was clean please. :)



Each Little Bird That Sings by Deborah Wiles

There were so many more, but I guess those are the ones that gained my interest the most. What books made your NEED to read list this month?

4 comments:

  1. I want Breadcrumbs!

    What made my list this month?
    *head scratch*

    1. The Selection by Kiera Cross
    2. Selling Hope by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb
    3. My (not so) Storybook Life: A Tale of Friendship and Faith by Elizabeth Owen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju-
    I think Selling Hope actually ended up being number 11 on my list. I really had a hard time deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breadcrubs REALLY catches my eye!

    I've seen Each Little Bird That Sings a few times and each time I see it I picked it up and read the book jacket's description and end up putting it back down. (I can't remember why I keep putting it down though. Obviously. Because I keep picking it up!!! Maybe I keep thinking, "I might like it and I might not."? So I'll wait and see if you read and like it and go from there! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding Child of the Mountains to your list! I hope you enjoy it!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete